Friday, May 22, 2015

Mother's Day



I just realized that I have not posted this yet...so here is my Mother's Day!

Mother's Day is so many wonderful things. I love reading all the posts about the women who have influenced the lives of others for good. I am so grateful for my mom and aunts and sisters and nieces and grandma's and mom-in-law and friends' moms and YW leaders and SO many women in my life who were such wonderful mothers. It takes a village. I was definitely blessed in my village. I am also grateful that my babies are so blessed to be surrounded by people who love them! To see their aunts and cousins and grandmas in their roles as women and become like them!

I love being a mom. It's rough stuff. It's hard and it's menial and it's tiring and tiresome. But I love it. Oh, how much I love it!

I have a strong and sure testimony that the most important role for women is the role of mother. We can do and be so much--but mothering is our specialty. One that I am very happy to be part of and to engage in. To hold dear, in reverence, and feel blessed because of.

There is no greater good in all the world than motherhood.The influence of a mother in the lives of her children is beyond calculation.
Pres. James E. Faust

“May each of us remember this truth; 'one cannot forget mother and remember God. One cannot remember mother and forget God.' Why? Because these two sacred persons, God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service, are as one.” Pres Monson

I was so lucky this Mother's Day because Ruth is in Primary and sang in Sacrament Meeting! It was so sweet and beautiful! She was so excited, when they called up the kids she came running out into the hall, where I was with Will, and told me to hurry because she had to sing to me! She also made me a beaded necklace which was so cute.

Cutie Molly.

We tried for a picture, this is how it went:

Kisses for Molly. Or strangles.
 And it went even more:

 Haahaa.



Oh she is just so sweet!

I had to take one of my boys because they were just so handsome together.


It's the best. I love being a mother, an aunt, a niece, a sister, a daughter, a granddaughter, a daughter-in-law, a friend, and a wife. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your post Lindsay. I am glad you said what you said and mean it! I love being a mom too.
Love the pics. You and your kids are beautiful.
Love you.
Mom