Sunday, July 30, 2017

Delray Beach Downtown

But first, Russ.















After swimming crazies.


Personal space doesn't exist for poor Russ.

Sterling decided to extend taking his test two more weeks, the max he can possibly take. Ultimately, this is REALLY sad for me because it means we don't get any time with him before he's back into the grind of rotations.  (insert vent about how much I hate med school for taking away my husband and no one really gets how much he really is gone because of circumstances here.) Anyway. I was feeling glum about the extension, so I sprung for a night out together and we went to this adorable old burger joint in downtown Delray Beach. We got to watch the sunset outside and there were surprisingly no mosquitoes and we were all just together and enjoying the kids. It was amazing.

 Atlantic Ave is the tourism area for Delray and it is SOOO cute! Twinkly lights, brightly painted buildings, and LOTS of people out and about enjoying the beautiful evening. The burger at Doc's was AMAZING (as was the foot long hot dog that Will and Molly shared and didn't finish, haha!) and then we strolled down the street and stopped at Sloan's candy shop. It was SO PINK. I don't think I've ever been inside anything so pink in my life. Willy Wonka dreams. The kids picked out a few candies (why do kids get soooo excited about jawbreaker!? haha) and we shared a cone with the flavors Almond Joy and Nutella---to die for. I don't want any other date nights the rest of the time we live here, I don't think I could eat those flavors enough!!! We headed home and the kids crashed because we had been swimming all day (plus they had swimming lessons) so that was very, very nice. 

will was super proud that they matched in their ALL blueness



blue, need I say more?








Best Burgers.

This building is right next to the library and a big pineapple statue. I love it.



And more Russ. The beginning photos should actually have all been at the end, I don't know what happened.

SMILE! 
See how automatic mode makes it blurry? Ruff.


No comments: