Sunday, July 23, 2017

Our Man Russ


Will took these pictures for me the other day. I feel like I didn't have enough pics of me and my babe. But with a four year old behind the camera, and a new baby that makes funny faces...well. At least there's some memories here!


This picture just makes me want to go kiss his cheeks immediately---they are sooooo squishy!

Poor kid, he's all red and sweaty here from nursing. He's starting to get heat rashes on both sides of his cheeks from nursing. I think it is just an inevitability of Florida in July. So sorry, little Russ.



Or should I say BIIIIG Russ? I haven't checked his weight since his four week appointment, but at 6 weeks I am sure he is still packing on the pounds! I already feel like his car seat is too heavy to carry around, but since it is MUCH too hot to wear him (except in grocery stores, thank goodness) I'm generally lugging him around. I TRIED to keep him in his teensy newborn clothes, but his torso is too long to snap the buttons and the other night I grabbed a pair of pajamas because he was a little wet at 2 am and couldn't get the zipper up...I decided we had to be done with newborn. So he's into size 3 months. And I bet some of his 6 month onesies and things would fit, but I refuse to pull them out. He has to stay little forever and ever!

I mean, those cheeks!!!


See how this pic is slightly blurry? That is what my automatic mode is doing lately and I can't figure out how to fix it..ruff. But kid mode is doing great...check out the next photos haha.


Molly is officially potty trained. It took about three days. But since she has gone to church a few weeks in a row now and I have never needed the undies I've packed just in case...I'm calling it official. She is amazing at getting up and even has gotten up at night to go (or at 430am and then thinks she should just stay awake...not ok Molly, not ok). She is also super hilarious lately. She talks and talks and talks and TALKS. I love it.

Mom, there's a hair in my mouth!








Look at those thighs!! There are already three rolls on them now and I'm pretty sure they are thicker than Molly's, haahaa!




I had Sterling take these today. Russ was uncooperative and wrinkling his eyebrows and scrinching his mouth the entire time, but I still love them. And him--sooooo much!!



Sterling has tried to give him a bottle on Sundays so that he will take them for babysitters, or whatever we might need it for....just so we are not stuck like we were with Molly. Tonight he took it like a champ! Good job buddy!


I'm tired so I can't think of anything to say. When I was walking up to the computer I asked Sterling if he remembered a story I told him about Will and he couldn't. I need to be SOOO much better about remembering cute stories about my kids! I remembered to tell it to Sterling and we were both misty-eyed about it that night, I remember that. Haha--but not the original story! #goals for next post!

Six weeks has been good to us. I still just want to cuddle him forever and ever. He still eats every two or so hours. We've had a couple three hour stretches and that was awesome. The kids still touch/kiss/caress/bug him constantly and he doesn't seem to mind. I am still over the moon in love with him. 

1 comment:

Kami said...

He is so cute!! I love the tongue sticking out photo. And you are beautiful! And babies grow WAY TOO FAST!!! Wahhhh!!!!! And I'm so glad you still blog. Sorry I haven't been around to talk to.