Thursday, November 30, 2017

A little bit o' November

 Our family has an 'I'd love to!' jar that the kids fill up with fluff balls every time they tell me they'd love to (as opposed to whining) when I ask them to do something, or to be nice, or whatever. This is the second time we filled it up, and to make it a little more fun (and cheap) we let the kids pick out some ice cream flavors at the store and then each kid got to pick out a topping. We ended up with m&ms, nuts, whipped cream, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, sprinkles, and marshmallows. You bet they put every single item on their ice cream and it was fantastic. Great job, kids!

And yes, we were having chicken nuggets and french fries for dinner that night. Real life.


 We finally, finally, after seven years of good use, upgraded from our 3 ft Christmas tree with a coupon we had. It felt a little more like a REAL family (as opposed to a fake student family?!?!) to fill up our entire apartment with a big tree, haha. The kids started a new tradition of sleeping underneath of it on the first night we put it up. They loved it, and it was pretty awesome. They also loved Grandma Cindy's new Christmas pillowcases--so we had enough for everyone!


 This really is my favorite time of the year. It's a little crazy to be in Florida where my kids are playing with chalk and bubbles and racing around on their bikes in the afternoons after school and still put on Christmas music and remind ourselves of the season. But I still love it so much! I love trying to make things magical for my kids and I hope they have the best memories of sleeping together underneath that tree they decorated and having the best of times!
This is Will's best friends at school. There are only three boys in his class: Leon, Holden, and Will. They are a riot. Also, this picture makes Will look really tall.
Wolfie the Indian (his Indian name was on the back of his shirt, he picked it out).

 They had the greatest songs. Like "The turkey is a funny bird, his head goes wobble wobble. And all he knows is just one word-gobble! gobble! gobble!" It was my favorite. They also sang a second first to what I refer to as the Johnny Appleseed Song-otherwise known as Oh The Lord is Good to Me Prayer- (oh the MANY night of Ethan asking my mom to sing that over and over again) that I had never heard before, so I've been asking Will to sing it over and over again so I can get the second verse down. They also sang grace over our meal--it was really cute.

In this photo, to the left of Will is the girl with really dark pig tails. Her name is Josephine. I have to document Will's first crush. He brings her notes and pictures all the time, and they kissed each other on the cheek the other day. At first he only liked the other two boys at school. But now it is ALL about Josephine, ha!

He wore this exact same ENTIRE outfit yesterday. It's pretty epic.
I love little kid performances! I recorded every single song for Sterling since he couldn't be there. Kids are just awesome. Setting up for the holidays is awesome. Ice cream is awesome. November was good to us.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Cute!! Yeah, preschool things are the best. Way better than elementary performances.