Thursday, November 2, 2017

This Is Halloween-Everybody Scream

I really loved our family of witches and wizards this year! It felt very Halloween-ish and traditional and I like that. Russ was a bat because I didn't want him to die of heat in those sleeping-bag type baby costumes. As it turns out, it was the first Halloween since moving here that we weren't red-faced and sweating under our costumes, but it's still probably a good thing he had less layers. Poor little man has been teething and teething (got his first tooth on November 1st and the second one is *right* behind) so he mostly just munched on his little bat hands.


Ruthie loved her costume! And do you see the cute green wand in her hand? Thanks to the hurricane debri, we picked up SEVERAL perfect wand sticks one day while walking Ruth home from school and I let them pick a color to paint it. They thought they were awesome and went around saying "Iggety Ziggety" like Room on the Broom. She got to wear her costume to school, but due to other puking children, I didn't get to see her costume parade, but she said it was a lot of fun.

I feel like her costume could not have been more perfect. Those little stockings on her tiny little legs were just all the heart eyes!!!




He was VERY happy with his wizard costume! He's such a great sport! He wore one of my plain grey t-shirts as his tunic to be tied around the waist and he came up to me at one point and put his arms around my leg and said "I really love your grey shirt mom. It's the best." I just love him.


Mom sent me the wizard costumes that Ethan and I wore when we were in something like 4th and 6th grade (we couldn't have been any older because it was in North Dakota) and so Sterling and I both used those capes and I used that tunic/dress. I really feel the need to dig through my closet and unpack my scrapbook boxes to find that picture of Ethan and I wearing these. Good times.


The boys.

Sleeping bat.



Angel bat.

This lady had a Jurassic Park trunk and my kids almost wouldn't go and get their candy.

Bro and Sis Grua did an UP theme. They are very enthusiastic and went ALL out (my kids LOVE her in primary). She was the bird, he was the old man, and they had their dog their to be the dog. This picture does NOT do it justice, but they had the balloons and the UP movie playing on a white cloud and the decorations were just insanely clever. Too cute.

This is my favorite Halloween picture. Sterling is passing out candy from our cobwebbed van and the kids are happy and tired and cute.

This is Mikey, our Delray Beach grandma. We collect grandmas everywhere we go, but Mikey has to be my favorite. She brings chocolate (usually donuts) to every single Relief Society meeting on Sunday, holds my baby when I teach and when I don't teach, spoils my kids with treats, and always gushes about how adorable my children are.



They had a professional photographer there and it was not easy making my hubby and kids wait in line for a picture, but I am glad we did. The cutest!!!!!
Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

kami said...

Ahh, I love your costumes!! I think you guys look great. And cute little witches in striped tights are always adorable.