Sunday, November 12, 2017

Russ 5 months+swimming

Russ is five months old and I can't believe it! Four to five months has been the change from a tiny little infant that mostly lays still and content to a much more alert and awake and busy baby. Poor babe has been teething so he has definitely been fussier the last few weeks. He has one tooth in, and after today I hope the next one is not too far behind--he's hurting, poor boy. He eats his toes all the time now, which is one of my absolute favorite things of babyhood--it's just so adorable to see that little ball of chub all rolled up! He sits up in the bumbo and his walker. We started real food and he pretty much only likes applesauce, pears, and bananas. Sweet tooth already! He does NOT like squash or peas, but he will tolerate sweet potatoes if he's in a pretty good mood. He may or may not have tried ice cream just tonight (we were trying to help his teething haha) and he was a huge fan. Ha! 

He smiles so big and has rolled over a couple of times now. He grunts a lot, especially when he's getting dressed and something goes over his head--he hates that. He's pretty serious, but we can get some full on belly laughs if we tickle underneath his chin with our chin. He thinks that's the best! He also has the TIGHTEST and STRONGEST grip of any baby I've ever known. I love it. He holds on tight to my hand while he's nursing and it is my absolute favorite. He has also lost all of his thick hair and it is blond underneath, which is typical, but so sad. He had some great baby hair--and I'm sure it'll come back eventually. Luckily, he has a nice round head that everyone comments on now, haha. He hasn't had a dr. appt recently but he seems SOOOOO long to me. Definitely slimmed down a bit and lengthened out. Oh I just love our sweet baby Russ!














Our nice little cold spell of 75-80 degrees ended (and was super random, it has never gotten chilly in all the other Octobers we've lived here) and it's been back up in the 90s. Warm enough to warm up the pool again--and so we are back at it!



Luckily for us, all things swim-related just went on end-of-summer clearance so we stocked up on goggles and baby floaties!


This day was especially gorgeous and I did not want to leave. But this was after biking around our neighborhood for at least two miles (Will has learned to ride without training wheels, I'm sure I"ll post about that soon) and I was exhausted. We needed to get home and get to bed so I could sleep!)




We have been on bikes nonstop since last weekend when Dad picked up a bike for Will off craigslist (I had the flu so Sterling occupied everyone for a good five hours on Saturday. It had been a LONG week of no husband and lots of throw up and flu with the kids and I slept a lot to recover.). Will has been riding without training wheels at Aunt Kayli's in Pittsburgh and a few other opportunities, but I was too lazy to take off his training wheels because I knew he desperately needed a bigger bike, and then his bike would be Molly's and she'd need the training wheels. I don't know if it was all the years of a balance bike---but this kid was amazing. Within a few rides around the block he was stopping, starting, turning, not wobbling, and cruising around without training wheels. And he will not stop. Actually, I have noticed how exhausted he is when he throws a tantrum...and then goes and falls asleep on the floor. He literally wears himself out riding his bike around. It's so awesome. We've been riding bikes to Ruth's school in the mornings, I wear the baby and then Molly rides in the baby seat behind me (she has zero excitement for bike riding) and it works pretty awesome. They are loving it--and the only thing I don't love is the 90 degree weather we ride in. 


No comments: