Friday, December 1, 2017

Beach Day #2

Look, it's winter and there are sea turtles (why they don't clean the beaches so they can hatch) and there is still hardly any seaweed! Soooo pretty!
The day before I flew out to Utah for a funeral, I took the kids to the beach. It was Monday, the first day of Thanksgiving Break, and I wanted to make sure they had some fun on their break! Also--any excuse to go to the beach, right?

I know, I know, I just posted a zillion pictures of my children doing the exact same thing--running in and out of ocean waves. But I just can't get enough of it! Being at the ocean just brings out the happy spirits of joy and everyone can just run around with ecstatic enthusiasm. I love the beach. I love the sand. I love the water. I also love that Delray Beach has completed all renovations and there are now showers at every single entrance/exit of the beach so I can hose of my kids before they get back into the van. That is true ingenuity right there.

I like Ruthie's tactic here. We usually do that more in the summertime--sit right at the water's edge so the waves hit you every time to cool you down, but even on a chilly (85 degree) day, it's nice to sit by the waves and feel them.


I had a couple pics of Russ, but none of them really turned out because of the sun. And talking about ingenuity--look at Will using his boogie board to carry all his toys home! I told him if he took his truck and whatever else, that he had to carry all of it home because I had to do the baby and the diaper bag. He pulled it along on his boogie board the entire time! Silly boy!

Whenever I upload photos on Sterling's laptop, the pictures go weird like this. Here are more adorable pictures!





Oh goodness, it was such a beautiful beach day! The waves were pretty calm for Palm Beach County, the sand was amazingly perfect, the sun was gorgeous. The baby probably could have used a little less wind--but I was loving it. And we didn't tell Ruth about the jellyfish we saw in the sand (she got stung two years ago and still is deathly afraid--they are incredibly painful so I don't blame her) so everyone was happy! I love you Delray Beach! You are beautiful and close and easy and cheap and everything wonderful!

No comments: