Thursday, December 21, 2017

December Things

We have found a few weekend evenings to go and try out some festive Palm Beach County activities. It has been really fun! One Saturday we went to Walmart after letting the kids draw sibling names for Christmas. That was a fun adventure trying to wrap up their found (under $5) presents under shirts and things in the cart to hide for their siblings! The kids were adorable! After that we hit up the pet store just to look at all the cute animals, and then of course Barnes and Noble because it was next door and I can't resist and we needed a new Christmas book---right?!!?! Then Sterling remembered that he had heard there was a Hungry Howie's here (he experienced them on his mission in Michigan) and we had the BEST PIZZA EVER for $9 to feed our entire family and then headed over to Hoffman's chocolates to see their Christmas lights. They were beautiful. The most magical part is the kids though---they just exclaim and get excited about everything! And the temps dropped from 90 to 55--so it felt chilly and festive! I also lost my phone in the massive of thousands of people, and when we drove back Sterling (who had dropped me off to go retrace our steps) found it right on the ground by where we had parked, not covered in mud, not run over by either us or the car that pulled into that parking spot after us, and totally ok. A Christmas miracle!




Hoffman's was super, super cute. It reminded me of a chocolate candy-making version of Gossner Cheese Factory back in Utah by my parents house.


A random Sunday. The red dress Molly is wearing was sent to us from my sister Kami and I am absolutely IN LOVE with how beautiful it looks on Molly! It just kills me! And Ruth's sweater I got on ThredUp and it is a miniBoden (if I had a million dollars I'd buy Boden...maybe...at least sometimes I would) and usually she keeps it at school to put on when the classroom a/c is too cold. But I adore it. SOOOOO much. So of course I had to take a picture.


This boy grabs ANYTHING that comes within range and instantly annihilates it by mouth.

Gah he's so adorable!!!! And I love these socks (I think my sister Kayli gave them to us?) "I love mum".

It was chilly enough for about four days that we actually pulled out long pants and sweaters! Mostly in the morning when we were walking Ruthie to school.


These two look so much alike to me! And Ruth is such a great helper with him!

The Playmobil store (if you haven't checked out their toys, you should. They are super durable, super imaginative, and my kids adore them.) by our house is going out of business because they have a huge interactive section where you can play with any of their toys all afternoon for $1 and the owner died and I guess no one wants to upkeep it. So they had everything 50% off. These shields are usually $8...so it was fun to let them all pick one out for $4 each and man! have we had a lot more 'boyish' play and epic battles around here! haha!

No comments: