Saturday, January 13, 2018

Christmas Day and other random holiday break pics

 On Christmas Day we went to a park and brought Ruth and Will's bikes so we could run along and get some energy out. It was absolutely beautiful. Sterling had taken the kids here a few Saturday's ago and they had discovered quite a few gems--it has an RC track that holds races every Saturday, as well as a pond for racing RC boats, and a field for RC planes. It has an archery field with bleachers and several 'mountain' biking fields. And a big river that you can kayak in. All in all, it was very beautiful and unique and fun. The perfect wide open space to get some energy out after Christmas morning.

Ruthie stopped to put on lip gloss with her compact mirror--stocking gifts--at random intervals along the trail. HAHAAHA.



Right now Molly is in LOVE with Doc McStuffins. Thankfully, the other kids like it too--I am not okay with lots of screen time, but when I do let them watch a show, I fully support Doc McStuffins. It's cute without being annoying and clean and teaches good things. Molly and Ruth here are giving their new dolls checkups. With their flashlights. HAHA.

This kid is just so dang cute!


That smile and those eyes! I could just squeeze him forever and ever!

This is how he purses his lips when he is full. And in the last week he has started HOLLERING inbetween bites if we don't give them fast enough. Today Sterling and I sat him between us and I would give a bite, and then while I took my own bite Sterling would give him one, back and forth. Until he pursed his lips and suddenly the chaos was over. I told Sterling this wasn't going to end well though, because most meals I don't have an extra set of hands!


Chalk masterpieces. I LOVE them!


Will REALLY likes the puzzles at the library lately. He loves how huge they are. Since we had such low temps over our Christmas Break and my plans of the beach and the parks were ruined--we came to the library a few different times to enjoy their story times, puzzles, blocks, games, and of course checking out books. On the way to Sanibel we made it through all of Roald Dahl's James and the Giant Peach on audio in the van (which was so much more fun to listen to as an adult--and the rhymes had Sterling and me rolling!) and throughout the  rest of the break we made it through Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, the Magic Finger, The Enormous Crocodile, and another one. We moved on to Nate the Great Detective series and the kids loved it--right now it's Pippi Longstocking. My hope was to convince them that we didn't need the dvd player during our drives and it worked out great!

No comments: