Friday, January 26, 2018

Kidisms

 It's been too long since I've done a post like this. And honestly--I'm sad. Because I reread through some old ones, and saw some old sayings pop up on facebook--and I love reading through them! It reminds me instantly of how that time was! So here are a few from recently in hopes that it will motivate me to write things down more often.

While riding bikes home from school, Molly (in the child seat behind me) watches Ruth pass us and says "That Rupe! She is one cool kid!" I laughed and said she sure was, and Molly said "Yup. That's why I love her." Awwww.

Will had a worm supposedly fall out of a tree and onto his knee while riding his bike yesterday. So a bit later I asked him if he wanted to ride around the lake and he said "no, I don't want to see any worms spasms." ? HAAAHAA

This morning I was pushing the double stroller while the two oldest rode bikes, but Molly didn't want to ride in the stroller so she was running with me. Then she convinced me to skip and when we stopped she said "Mom! Keep skipping!" and I told her I was tired, so she pats my hand and says "Me too." and within the same breath she says "But that's not the same tired as for running-let's go!" Haha.

Ruth went to school today with her hair braided down flat so she could wear a bike helmet, a neon coral Key West shirt on, over a bright Hawaiian green flowered dress, with mismatch reddish flowered leggings. I was totally cool with it. Then we are at the school cross walk and I turn to our neighbor "You look so cute Abby, how come you're all dressed up?" "It's school pictures today." Face palm. Yup. Yup. They will all look adorable in their class photo and Ruth will basically be in luau get-up.

Today Molly and Will were playing with the doll house and figures by my feet. After I heard Will say the word "butt" a couple of times, I told him that wasn't okay and they needed to find another way to play. Then I hear him whisper "Hey Molly, lets move all this downstairs so that mom can't hear us play anymore." Stinker.

I wish I would've written it down right then, but yesterday Will used a completely made-up word (something like digramon or something like that) and when I asked him what he was saying, he said his sentence several times and looked at me like I was completely crazy for not understanding. It was hilarious.

Will, while walking along a boardwalk said "I think the people who made this made the bridge, and then squirted the water around it and then put in leaves to make it dirty." 

Will is definitely at the "why" stage. I need to get more of it down on paper. Why do they have water towers? How do they put the water in water towers? When does it come out? How do they get the water out? 

 

No comments: