Tuesday, January 2, 2018

CHRISTMAS MORNING 2017

 I took video of the kids coming down the stairs all lined up (they were very amused that we'd put a big wooden chair in front of the stairs so they couldn't come down). But now I have no pictures, oops! Also, somehow I didn't get a picture of stockings and looking through those! That makes me sad because we had adorable stockings and some great surprises--but in my defense I was definitely thoroughly enjoying the morning with my kids. It was magical and wonderful and they were so excited and fun!

I really think this year is the very best Christmas for the Haws family yet! We prepared by checking out every. single. book from the library and reading them all multiple times. The excitement level just built from there. Putting ornaments on our Light The World tree every morning. Reading a 25 Days of Christ scripture story each night. I love all the traditions and all the excitement! We even put presents under the Christmas tree BEFORE hand (this never happened in my family, people snooped, so we all filed into my mom and dad's closet and took them to the tree on Christmas Eve) because Sterling very seriously told all the kids about their presents turning to underwear, and they were appropriately concerned. 

What I loved about this Christmas morning is how relaxed it felt. No one was in such a hurry to open a present that they weren't waiting for others---all my kids were so intrigued at what everyone else got that it kept them excited until their turn. There was lots of jubilation over all the gifts, not just their own. And they were so HAPPY with what they got-their dolls and air planes. I loved it. Every single bit of it.

This face. This face is what Christmas morning joy is all about. It was so much fun to see her excitement over her baby!


Will has wanted this airplane for a LONG time. He races around with it making jet noises and loves it to bits. I love that it is Playmobil so it is virtually indestructible and will hopefully brighten his days for a really, really long time. I also like that it isn't remote control. Mostly because I want to keep him little for as long as I possibly can!


This man got new clothes that he was in desperate need of, and because he has worn his canoe shirt almost every day since, I think I did good. Can't wait to see his fancy clothes when he goes back on rotation!

Russ got a truck and a helicopter. He was very excited about the paper on both. :)

Molly got a doll carrier, to carry her new baby on her back like mommy does.
New flashlights all around--thanks Grandma Rasmussen! And I think it's safe to say they are well-loved because I have to take them away fairly often for shining in eyes and using after bedtime, etc.




Will got Ruthie a puzzle for her sibling gift. She has completed it almost daily ever since! She loves it!

Russ got Will a nerf gun and it's been awesome. Sterling likes to come home and randomly use the kids for target practice and it is hilarious.

Ruthie got Molly and Elena purse and a Moana coloring book. She knows her sister well!

Ruth got a music box and she said it was her favorite gift by far! She has all her favorite things stashed inside and carries it all around!
I got the sweetest hat ever, THANKS DAD! Sterling also got me some BEAUTIFUL mugs from Pioneer Woman (he knows that every time I walk past I love how colorful her line is) to drink my delicious hot drinks in the evening when Sterling hikes down the A/C.








Ruth got gloves from Grandma Cindy and I have to tell her to take them off to do things all the time. I think it's safe to say she LOVES them. I like that's she's dressed as a princess and shooting a nerf gun here.






I don't know why those last pics are out of order. It was such a great morning! Grandma Cindy sent us a few family games and we played several all morning long. Specifically, Peek-a-doodle is Molly's "best game of my whole life" and is really fantastic for that 3 yr old who can't join in very many of the bigger kid games. She loves it. And our new family favorite-Sleeping Queens. Both Ruth and Will can play it all by themselves, Molly gets the concept but usually needs a partner, and Sterling and I enjoy it enough to play without kids. Definitely a winner if you're looking for a new family game. Loot was also fantastic but we have yet to play it with kids. Then we went on a bike ride to a sweet trail Sterling had found, which I'll post pictures of soon. 

It was a perfectly wonderful Christmas. I am so grateful for my family and how wonderful they all are!

No comments: