Sunday, February 4, 2018

Will is FIVE


 I'm not sure how this happened. In my head he's still 18 months, I swear. Will loves blue. He loves blue more than anything, I think, and strives to wear solely blue every single day. He likes Lightning McQueen, Doc McStuffins, cars, space, and airplanes. He also really loves Captain America and Spiderman. His favorite food is chips 'n cheese (basic nachos), closely followed by rice krispies and peanut butter sandwiches. He loves chocolate chip cookies and is very good at helping to make them. He is a good bed maker, mirror washer, and laundry folder. He has a PASSION for bikes and asks to ride his bike all day, every day. He can go really fast, and always, always, always stops so hard that he leaves a mark. 

What do you want to be when you grow up? A doctor. Why? Because doctors are really fun.
What is your favorite part of school? Learning about dinosaurs.
What's your favorite thing to do after school? Play with my new remote control car.
What's your favorite thing to do with daddy? Watch rc cars at the track. I hope sometimes I get to do that and put my car on the track and race it around.
What's your favorite thing to do with mommy? Make my birthday cake.
Who are your best friends? Holden and Leon.
What is something I always say to you? Be good.
What is something you are very good at? Shooting my new gun.
What is your favorite song? Gethsemane
What is your favorite animal? Doggies
What is your favorite place to go? Ikea
What do you like to draw? Blue Whale
What makes you happy? Makes me happy dat Ruth gave me a bite of her candy bar.
What makes you sad? That Ruth hits me.
What makes you laugh? When you tickle me.
What are you really good at? Drawling.
Where do you live? Florida
What is your favorite book? Slop. I love Slop. (mo willems)
What is love? Being kind.

Will is really good at making friends. His teacher says he plays house and dolls with all the girls but can turn around and play rough and build with all the boys. He made friends with a little boy, Edison, who always is waiting for his Kindergarten sister to get out of school while we wait for Ruthie to get out of school. He remembered him and invited him to his birthday party--which gave me a chance to make a new friend, too! He has a BIG imagination. On his birthday he had his balloons in the morning, and one of the little clips fell off with some ribbon. He carried that ribbon, with the clip banging along the road behind him the entire way to Ruth's school. The crossing guard (who always has a long conversation with him because they race on that road every morning, and he always wins) knows his favorite color is blue and asked all about his 'doggy' that was the clip trailing behind him on the ribbon. He told her "Just for pretend it is my dog." Later that day, when we picked Ruth up for school she had made him a cardboard blue dog and attached it to a string for him to drag around. It was the sweetest thing ever! He has really good pitch when he is singing, and I am always impressed with how well he catches melodies and constantly sings them so correctly. 
He very, very emphatically does NOT like his hair spiky anymore--only parted to one side and FLAT. When he gets out of the tub and I'm brushing the girls' hair, I always hurry and brush his in one swoop straight back--so it stand on end. He thinks it's hilarious and hurries and flattens it all out. 

Ruth's favorite thing about Will: Is that he's happy. (sometimes, she amended. haha)
Molly's favorite thing about Will: playing with balloons!

He is also VERY soft with Russ and very good about watching out for him. His preschool teacher says he talks about Russ all the time--which is so sweet! He also focuses so hard--when he decides he is coloring--every single little spot of that page is colored when he is finished. He likes making the background black lately--so all of his pictures are night ones.





He got the crown and Super Star sticker at school and then ran and put on his space pajamas after he opened up his space ship.



Stuffy from Doc McStuffins. Thank you Grandma Cindy!

Those last two are out of order. But I think it's safe to say he was VERY happy with his car and rocket!
Five is such a great age! Can't wait for another year with Will!

2 comments:

Kami said...

He's getting so big!!! What a cute kid!

Kyra Moon said...

What a cute kid! I can't believe he's 5! (Are we just going to be skeptical about our kids' ages the rest of our lives?) 5 is a great age.