Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Grace is 2 months-February 18th

 Grace was sooooo dreamy this morning and I remembered she was two months old, so I took a bajillion pictures. And she looks older than a tiny little un-eye-opened newborn and it is killing me. After snapping all those photos, I just sat and cooed and smiled with her for a long time because she is growing up in a blink and I just want it to last forever! 

At two months old Grace is a pretty great baby. She still loves laying on my chest above all other things. She loves to be HOT and sleeps best in several blankets or against a warm body. She is a pretty great sleeper, actually, but every 3-4 nights she has a night where she's fussy all evening and won't fall asleep til midnight-ish. So she's not incredibly consistent, but quite frequently she'll sleep from 9-1am and then gets up at 4 and 6am. That's a longer stretch than my other babies, who seemed to consistently eat every 3-4 hours for a looooong time. She does NOT like having a dirty diaper and immediately cries the moment it's not clean. She just barely started to coo and smile a lot, especially in the mornings, and I am so in love. She is still tiny. She still fits a lot of her newborn and some of the smaller 0-3 months. She loves being in a carrier (thanks Aleesha for sending me a comfortable newborn sized one!) and that makes walking to and from school and grocery shopping really easy. She hates the car seat. With a vengeance. She cries the entire time she is in it, although there are some rare times she'll fall asleep. 

The entire family still adores her completely and she brings a smile to everyone's face. Russ really doesn't like her car seat screaming, but he still loves her and wants to kiss and hold her afterwards. She does like to be held and that makes the days a little trickier. But since she is so tiny and likes the carrier so much--it's pretty easy to manage what I have to do and then it makes me stop and hold her more frequently, and I am so glad about that. I just want to enjoy her so much and it is so hard already to see her growing bigger. The newborn stage just goes so fast, I feel like time is slipping through my fingers. We couldn't ask for a sweeter, more wonderful baby and we love Grace SO much! Two months of perfect!























No comments: