Saturday, March 9, 2019

A Day in the Life 3/5/19

Some bloggers do this annually and I seem to do it...after every baby. Haha! But I feel like I am back in the swing of "normal" life and loving every minute of it-so it's always fun to see what a day looks like piece by piece! I did a Monday, so to preface that, Monday's are my "get everything done so we can play more the rest of the week" day. Also, I tend to have a LOT of motivation on Mondays. Pretty much every single week. I start out with a ton of motivation. I love Mondays! I'm a weirdo, I know. It speaks to my organizing heart. I like to put things back together after a weekend of disarray. Not that I don't like playing and enjoying our weekends--I love it! But I also love Mondays when everything can get back to normal life. I think there's nothing wrong with a little structure!

Another side note: because Molly goes to school Mon, Wed, Fri mornings-my week is automatically structured somewhat around that. Monday is school drop-offs and gym, Tuesday is grocery shopping, Wednesday playgroup, Thursday is gym and usually has an appointment or a playdate with Molly, Friday fills up with who knows what. (obvs that's a perfect world, and that schedule is quite inconsistent). Which means that Monday is my DO EVERYTHING day. So when you read this through, please don't think I'm always this productive. To be fair, I usually am on Mondays. It is truthful, just I lose motivation throughout the week, haha.

530am: Feed baby Grace. She doesn't want to go back to sleep, snuggle and try to sleep.
6am: turn off alarm to try to get more sleep with Grace.
630am: Jump outta bed and turn on the kids' bedroom lights
             Pull on clothes, take Grace downstairs to her swing
             Come upstairs and change and dress Russ
             Bring Russ downstairs and change and dress Grace
             Tell kids to get moving
             Make bed
645am: warm up pancakes in toaster, set table, pull everything out to make lunches
650am: Prayers and start breakfast, make lunches while kids eat
705am: Head upstairs to put in contacts and wash face and spray dry shampoo while kids are still eating.
715am: clear table, wipe up Russ, tell kids to brush teeth and get socks and shoes on
725am: Grace in carseat, Russ shoes on
730am: head out with Grace in carseat, letting Russ have a chance to walk, make sure kids have backpacks and lunches
755am : kids at school, head back
810am: home, grab a snack for myself since I didn't eat, put everyone in van and head to Molly's school.
825am: nurse baby in the van
830am: walk Molly into school (she has to be walked to her door and then I enter in a pin to check her in
855am: check babies into the gym kid care
9am-10am: gym cardio/strength class
1015am: home, change both babies diapers, feed Grace, Russ snack
1030am: Russ down for nap, start laundry, take cutie pie pics of Grace, debate shower (decided on no, because it's hot and will probably swim later with the kids), look at instagram
1050am: pull out computer and pay a few bills, schedule out a few things, make a few adult-appointment phone calls, (this was ALWAYS my hardest thing to get around to doing until I listen to a motivational person speak and they had specific things they did on specific days of the week and one of the things on Monday was "Mastering Adulting" which was all those tiny little tidbits that you never want to do, like going over bills and making a phone call to your bank or putting away papers and filing, and now that I call it "mastering adulting" for some reason I always do it and I always get it done on Monday and it never piles up---and it's been so much better!)
1110am: feed Grace again, she's fussy
1120am: text plans (Bridget is coming to visit us! YAY!), switch over laundry
1130am: file kids artwork into bins (hasn't been done since Valentine's because I have to sort through what I'm actually keeping while the kids aren't looking haha), fold two loads of laundry and put away
1150am: Get Russ (he usually sleeps longer, but some days he's been sleeping less and it's making me nervous he's going to stop napping...nooo!), change diaper, empty dishwasher, do breakfast dishes, pull out chicken and put in crockpot for dinner
1205: Type up new family rules (Russ tore them off the wall) and laminate and hang up, baby woke up because she had a dirty diaper (she does NOT like dirty diapers, and she has some lungs to let you know it and a specific angry cry haha), change over laundry, gather towels
1245: start lunch of leftovers with Russell, empty fridge of too-old leftover containers, make grocery list for tomorrow while looking at empty fridge
110: finish up eating and feeding Russ
120: print off pages from ComeFollowMeFHE to do as an activity tonight or tomorrow night, get mail with Russ
130: Leave for school pickup
220: home from school pickup, kids jump into van and we head to Walmart so I can quickly grab some cilantro and tortillas (this NEVER happens because I hate running to a store for one thing. I usually change dinner plans before running to the story. But I really wanted this dinner for some reason, ha!)
245: home, snack, kids fold laundry for after school chore
315: head to pool!!
5pm: Home from pool, kids get into tub, start rice cooker for dinner, wash down kids and pull out of tub, they work on homework since we headed straight to the pool
530pm: Finish up dinner, we had southwest chicken wraps (Mel's Kitchen Cafe) and Ruthie shredded the chicken I had put in the crockpot earlier, Molly put cheese on all the wraps, and we were ready
6pm: Eating
630pm: wipe down Russ and put him to bed, come down and do all the clearing, filling up dishwasher, washing down counters and starting dishwasher, but left the pans to be washed, and then I jumped in the tub super fast because I was FREEZING from being partially wet in my swimsuit and not changing and having the a/c on in our house.
7pm: feed baby, Ruthie reads to everyone after they've brushed their teeth
720pm: prayers and kids in bed, feed Grace again, spend almost an hour just sitting and looking at phone and snuggling with Gracie
830pm: Fold three loads of laundry, put it all away
9pm: Sterling home! I finish dishes while he chats, I read scriptures while he starts studying
1030: to bed


If you read all of that, you're probably crazy. But it is fun for me to see what a day in my life is like! I had fun keeping track of it and seeing what I do from thing to thing. We rarely have FHE on Monday because Sterling never makes it home. Sterling started a new Geriatric rotation yesterday and it's an hour drive, so he will never be home early for the next two weeks. So I'll have to bite the bullet and do some Come Follow Me on my own with the kids tonight. Today, Tuesday, I did the grocery shopping in the morning and cleaned up the garage when I laid Russ down. Wednesday is playgroup. Thursday Grace has a pediatrician appointment and I'll have to do laundry again, and Friday I have a dental appointment, and then Saturday we have two things planned---and Sterling will be cram studying all week because he has a test next Friday. I really do like trying to do so much on Monday though because it makes me feel like I can play more the rest of the week. Also today I was supposed to clean bathrooms. That's how I always think of the week "grocery shopping and bathrooms on Tuesday" but I really hate bathrooms. So what that usually becomes is: give the kids chores for the bathrooms on Tuesday so sinks, mirrors, tub and shower get cleaned...and then eventually sometime during the week do the toilets when I get a minute.

ANYWAY! There ya go!

No comments: