Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ponderings of an Engaged Person

I've decided that engaged persons are crazy. Absolutely crazy. I get all mopey when he's not around. I get all excited when I know he's coming. When he's a couple buildings away and we can't see each other until lunch its absolutely irritating. And when he shows up to my work with one rose and a big smile I absolutely melt and wonder why we have to work and go to school at all.
I've also decided that weddings are for the birds. Honestly. Such a hassle. I've been considering elopement quite heavily. I wonder if Sterling would let me. Probably if I convinced him its what I really wanted. Of course then I wouldn't be able to do the daddy/daughter dance. And I wouldn't be able to chuck my bouquet at unsuspecting friends, and I wouldn't be able to have oodles of pretty roses concocted to perfection by my wonderful sister Kami, and I wouldn't be able to watch all the little girls spin around in their pretty dresses, and show 'aunt lindsay' how beautiful they are. And I wouldn't be able to....well, I guess I better just make some more wedding plans.
I've also decided that the living on love phraseology is a reality. Honestly. As we make more and more plans, we realize more and more how crazy getting married is. I think life should be backwards. At 20 they should give us our retirement funds, so we can enjoy some years together, and then figure out how to survive, and then we might actually have it down by the time we're...oh I don't know, 80 or so.
We have found an apartment (he's moving in over Christmas break so he doesn't have to commute anymore, and then we'll both live there once we're married) and its on historic 25th street and it is so cute, and I absolutely love it...but I'm even more tickled that Sterling thinks its absolutely perfect. We had quite a few options, and we've been looking pretty faithfully. But our good ol' institute apartment board has pretty much exploded with new housing because the semester ends in a couple weeks, and we found this little gem of an apartment. It fit all our little requirements...and its really clean(my biggest requirement). Which pretty much means plans are moving forward at its usual accelerated pace.
I put in an application at JCPenney's today. They are taking me back for the four weeks of Christmas vacation. I'll be working two jobs again. Sigh. But it'll be good. My one nervous thought is when I try to think about making it to all the family events--his and mine. That might get a little rough with my work schedule. Sigh. Lets just hope the canyon weather stays clear!
And can I just say I STRONGLY dislike working opposite weekend shifts than Sterling? I work morning, and he works night. It should be against the law.

1 comment:

Carlie said...

It's so true... engagement is a stage of life all its own!!! But it is a fanticastically wonderful stage! Good Luck with your wedding plans and managing the Christmas season! You two are so cute together!
~carlie
p.s. when is the big day? Let me know!