Saturday, January 2, 2010

Shower

Today was my bridal shower. This Christmas break, which was supposed to be relaxing, working, and studying....was fairly relaxing, working, crazy busy cramming a bunch of stuff in, and no studying. This makes me nervous to the point of panic when I think about how soon boards are. Why, oh why, was I not studying harder? Then again, I know several girls who never even planned on studying through the break in the first place....and at the level of panic I'm starting to feel now, I know I will study hard for the next two months, and it will pay off.

Back to the bridal shower....I am incredibly spoiled. My sister Amy threw the shower...so of course there were cute decorations, and everything matched, and it all looked super nice. Then all my sisters (probably under said Amy's direction) gave me a laundry basket full of something that went with the poem attached. One sister gave me a laundry basket with cleaning supplies, one with cooking stuff(including a crock pot that was red), one with laundry things(including an iron that was red), one with office supplies, one with bathroom things. That equals to five sisters, right? But these baskets didn't just have a few things....they were jam-packed, and it was AWESOME!!!!! They also gave me a carry-on suitcase full of stuff that might be needed for a honeymoon(they had little games to go along with all this stuff).
Then Sterling's mom gave us a microwave, cause she had come and looked at all of our stuff moved into our new apartment this morning, and noticed this serious vacancy....and was wonderful enough to change her gift plans to help us out!
Not to mention everyone else's gifts who were there...and it was SO MUCH FUN to see everyone! Kelsey, my long lost roommate of one and a half years, who moved out two weeks ago, and my best friend Aleesha that just got home from her honeymoon, and family, and all sorts of friends, and adopted mothers and grandmothers :) It was so much fun. I can't believe how much stuff we have, and how great it all is. We also got some really neat pictures of us, and an AWESOME red kitchen trash can. It's pretty sweet to look in our little kitchen: red towel, red canisters, red drain board, red trash can, red crockpot, red utensils.....you get the idea.
So, now we're moved in, (although I'll still be living elsewhere for the next five weeks, but my stuff that I don't need is moved in), the wedding is basically planned, the holidays are over, and SCHOOL STARTS! AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Somebody please drug me for the next three months and wake me up for graduation!

1 comment:

Heather and Jake said...

I was so sad I couldn't come! My cousin had just gotten home so we were all together doing family stuff! I just had to tell you that I miss you and hope all goes well! Ps....totally went country swing dancing a few days ago and LOVED it!