Monday, March 29, 2010

Realization

I had a fantastic weekend, and then this morning I came to the realization that it is Monday. And I have about 8 projects that have to be done in the next two weeks. Thus, the dental hygiene program continues to sink its poisoned claws into the visade of my happy life. I have a six page paper, two 2-page papers, a group project, 10 more pages on my thesis, observing at two dental offices, a couple more eaglesoft patients, and about five PE's. Sigh. And on top of that I have to continue studying for anesthesia. Ugh.

Back to the happy weekend. Started off with Marlowe(Sterling's little bro) sleeping over at our house Friday night. He helped me make chocolate chip cookies. We had some issues with brown sugar...but they turned out pretty good!We had several nice discussions about STI's, DNA and RNA, mRNA, and I even pulled out an old BioMed book to answer some of our discussion questions. Those boys. I've taken several more biology/pathophysiology upper division classes than either of them (Marlowe still being in high school) and I remember so much less than them!

Then I worked on 8hr shift on Saturday while Sterling and Marlowe played. Then, when I got off work, Sterling and I drove to Provo, where we met up with several of our friends. It was so much fun to be with other young married couples! We went up Provo Canyon and had a fire, had tinfoil dinners, banana boats, and ate lots of skittles. We didn't really play any games, we just relaxed and enjoyed which felt SO GOOD. We started singing songs, and I convinced Sterling to sing--it was a Billy Joel song and he sang it so amazingly wonderful--I love that man's voice. Then we slept over at Aleesha and Adam's and in the morning went to my sister Kami's little baby's blessing. His name is Sebastian. I really haven't quite convinced myself that I have a nephew named Sebastian. Crazy people in this family. We had quite the time finding the church building, but can I just say---he is a really cute baby. Even Sterling thinks so.

Then we came back to Ogden and watched Mission Impossible 3 at my brother Wyatt's house. Lots of good food, and fun had by all. We started early, so it was a great way to end such a fabulous, wonderful, relaxing weekend. I think I've been uptight about dental hygiene for so long, its just incredible how wonderful it feels to just enjoy the moment and feel happy. This may be premature though, since I have no idea how I scored on my exams. Here's hoping.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Lindsay, you have a nephew named Sebastian.