Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Sick

I'm sick of school. I'm sick of studying. I'm sick of 3 papers looming ahead of me and 7 projects and 6 PE's and days of clinicals and CA's and requirements. I'm sick of taking tests. I'm sick of spending money on taking tests. I'm sick of putting on scrubs in the morning and thinking that I'll be stuck in the dental hygiene building all day long. I'm sick of being stressed. I'm sick of not being able to sleep. I'm sick of having an unkept house. I'm sick of not being able to do anything fun. I'm sick of not being able to see my husband for longer than an hour a day because we have opposite schedules. I'm sick of dental hygiene. I'm sick of trying to jump hoops that I don't really care to jump anymore. I should've been an english teacher. I would've been poor, but I could've written essays all day long with my students, and read books, and poems, and talked about alliteration and deeper meanings, and foreshadowing. It would've been fun. I would've enjoyed myself. It wouldn't have been practical---but I'm pretty through being practical at this moment. Seriously considering not getting my dental hygiene license and getting a masters degree in creative literature. I'll write children's books about boring old adults who have had all the fun and life sucked out of them from dental hygiene programs.

Yes...I took my last exam today. I have no idea how I feel about it. There were five options for every multiple choice question and I could always discard three, and I'd be down to debating between two options, and I guessed. On just about every answer. Well, maybe not that much....but still.

I'm sick of dental hygiene. I'm sick of stress and tiredness and stress and dental hygiene. And no, you shouldn't have read this if you didn't want to hear me whine. Its a joke. Its not even like we're that important of a profession, why should they put us through this? Hello! I just want to be a human that enjoyed my time on earth, thank you very much, and helped people, and listened to music, and reared children who understood how to enjoy life and be kind and eat chocolate and read books. Sigh. Sigh. And deep, long sigh.

No comments: