Monday, March 15, 2010

Studying, Studying

I thought I would get more and more frantic as the tests came closer and closer. Really, I'm just ready for it all to be over. Unfortunately, that attitude isn't very helpful in getting me into cram-study mode. It is Sterling's Spring Break, and as such, he is working 9-hour shifts every single day except Sunday and Thursday....because he is my anesthesia patient for my exam on Thursday. Which will only take about ten minutes. But I previously didn't know my time for the exam, and so I had him take the entire day off. It's probably going to be the most stressful day because there are two exams, and the clinical is predicated on the written.
Exams in my future go as follows:
Thursday-written anesthesia exam at 8:30am. IF I pass this exam (I have two chances...well, if I don't pass and pay another $120 I have two chances) and only then, I will take my clinical anesthesia exam at 2:35. Inbetween that time I have a clinic orientation. This is mostly for students from out-of-state who are coming in to take the exam, but we are required to be there.

Saturday-clinical dental hygiene exam. This exam starts at 7am, and I am pretty confident that once my patient is qualified....IF she qualifies....I'm easy sailing, because I have two and a half hours to clean what I can usually clean in 20-30 minutes. But it has to be perfect, or I don't pass. Not passing this exam would mean that I don't graduate and I don't get a license. This exam will be over by 11:30am.

Following Wednesday: written dental hygiene exam. This begins at 7:30 am and is an all-day experience. I don't even remember how many questions are on this exam, but it is comprehensive of everything I've learned since my prerequisite classes. Funnily enough, I'm not too worried about this exam. I should be. This is the material that has suffered because of my lack of focusing due to getting married. What is hopefully reassuring to me is that you only have to get a 75%, and usually twenty questions get thrown out. Now, twenty questions out of hundreds may not be many....but here's hoping.

So basically....I am FREAKED about Thursday. This may be the cause of my many emotional breakdowns. I don't remember what the first one was about. The second one was because I lost my temple recommend, the third one was because I felt bad that I was having so many emotional breakdowns, and then we went to Wyatt and Lindsay Ann's and watched Seasons of the Heart and I practically bawled through the entire thing yesterday. Sigh. Luckily, this morning has been super productive, I'm already half-way through what I had designated for myself today, which means I'll probably get further than anticipated, which is very happy.

Then, after next Wednesday, I have a couple papers, one exam for a class, and GRADUATION! In the meantime, I have a new calling, our membership records have arrived, I've already been asked to do a musical number (luckily I'm married to Sterling and I can con him in to helping me) and I'm supposed to be finishing up all my resume stuff so I can get a job!

2 comments:

Megan said...

One thing at a time!!! You are going to ace all of the exams and in a week life will be great!!!! Good luck!!!

Kayli said...

Hi Lindsay. :)

Send me your video. Good girl. xoxo