Thursday, May 27, 2010

fondue and facials

A random lady called me the other day, because my friend had given her my name as a referral, and asked me to do a Mary Kay facial night at my house. Usually I say no to these Mary Kay ladies because they never go away, and I've had a lot of calls between college friends. But then she told me that I would get $10 free product for every person I brought. I'm all about free food. I'm all about free furniture. And if I can get it...I'm all about stocking up on free make-up! To entice my friends and family, I made fondue...for the first time....and it turned out fabulously! We had this delicious white cran-strawberry juice, marshmallows, pretzels, Sterling made a vanilla bundt cake that I cut into one-in. squares, mom brought strawberries, and I had bananas. It was delicious. Such good food.

Facials were fun because I got to see a couple old friends that I haven't seen in awhile... I wish it could've been less Mary Kay and more chatting and catching up...but such is life. The facials, of course, were fantastic, and it was lots of fun! I ended up getting $70 of free product, which basically bought all the products I use on a regular basis...free!!!!!!! I was very, very excited. Sterling was happy I saved him money, but I don't really think he grasped the concept of how exciting this was.

Now we have lots of leftover fondue items at our house...which is very happy, except that Sterling has been working double shifts, and my shifts are opposite his...which means we NEVER see each other, let alone eat our leftovers. Today we were talking on the phone during one of his breaks, and I was driving to SLC to turn in all my licensure application stuff(luckily I had gotten off work early to make it there in time) and he said he felt like we were in a long-distance relationship, we saw each other so rarely this week! Sad. But next week we go to Zions and we'll have the entire weekend! Yay!

No comments: