Monday, May 17, 2010

Our House


This is our front door. We got the random wreath for a wedding present, but I bought the rug with some of our gift card money at Bed Bath & Beyond and I absolutely LOVE it! Every time I see it I think about how much I love it.
Okay, random place to start, but I hate moving pictures once they're on here. This is the wall in our bedroom. The dresser was given to us by his mother, the beautiful cross-stitch was done by my amazing Aunt Marla for my wedding!

This is our bed. I love it. The headboard came with the dresser. The lamp we got as a wedding present(we had registered for it) and I LOVE it, and the bed was mine growing up, and my parents graciously gave it to me. The cedar chest is also mine from a couple Christmas' ago.

These two quotes were some great buys at Hobby Lobby 75% off, and I love them! These are the ones that are over our bed.

This is our guest bedroom. A roommate and I went in together a couple years ago and bought bunkbeds for our room for thirty bucks each, and they could be set up separately, so we each took our own afterwards. It was a happy bed for my college years, it has my grandmother's quilt on it, and one that my mom made. Its been nice when Sterling's little bro Marlowe sleeps over.

This is the other side of the guest bedroom. Bookshelves. And a lot of random dental hygiene books that I have no idea what to do with yet. A little scary, I know.

This is our bathroom, that I am also in love with. Its red, what more do I need to say?

This is our living room. The couch we got off ksl for $25, plus sterling's speeding ticket. Haahaa. The coffee table I got from a girl in dental hygiene for ten bucks.

These are more of my great hobby lobby buys, and I really love them. The temple picture we got from someone for our wedding, the artist signed it and put our names and wedding date on it. So thats kinda cool. I bought the frames, 75% off, and I LOVE them!

Someone gave us that tile as a wedding present, and the vase the flowers are in, but I made the arrangement! Yay!

Sterling's mom let us have this desk, ask you can see our borrowed laptop is on it, and thats kinda where we keep it.

This is another tile that someone made us. I like it because it has good pictures on it.

This is the entrance from the living room to the kitchen. The red board on the wall above the door opening says "shall we not go on in so great a cause". My awesome sister Amy made it for me a couple years ago. I love it! The table and six chairs we got off ksl for $50. The chairs fabric is red, if you didn't notice.

This is our lovely kitchen with our green kitchen sink, and with our monkey Murphy on our fridge. Megan gave me the red trash can for a bridal shower gift, and we got the red rug with giftcard money. Sterling's mom gave us the microwave for a bridal shower gift, and that beautiful bosch in the corner is from my parents!

This is a closer up view of my beautiful flower arrangement. I was given the vase and I really love it.

This no longer pertains to our house. This is a hike Sterling and I went on today.

Love that man!

We have serious issues taking pictures of ourselves. This was the best we could do.


And this is just a random pic of how cute I thought my hair was on Sunday. I decided I needed to learn how to curl my hair with a straightener cause we didn't have money to buy a smaller curling iron. This is how it turned out, and I really liked it!

Other news:
Freedom Riders started up, where I take cerebral palsy kids horseback riding on thursday nights, and I love it!
Sterling and I went to the drive-in movies with our friends Chantelle and Jeremy and it was a blast!
We went to Provo on Friday night and babysat for my sister Kami and had a great time playing games!
We went swingdancing on Wednesday night and had the greatest time of MY LIFE! We've made a goal to try and go every Wednesday night and get really good again. We've already learned lots of sweet moves...and since after children I might not ever get to do this again, I'm livin' it up!
Thats all folks!


2 comments:

Kayli said...

Your house is awesome! The pictures of you and Sterling on your hike are awesome! You are a good little sister to post fun pictures on your blog. Yes, live up swing dancing. It is soooo fun.

Megan said...

Thanks for pics of the house - I haven't seen it yet. It looks great. Thanks again for coming last night. Love ya.