Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sterling's New Job

Sterling found out that you can get a CNA job in Utah before you actually complete the course, you just have to be taking it at the time. So he got really excited and went and handed out a bunch of resumes....got a call...and got the job!!!! He is very happy about it, it's a full-time position (basically, but he'll always at least get as many hours as he was making at Fresh Market) he was more than ecstatic to put his two weeks in at Fresh Market, and come to find out, it's just in time because they are doing cuts and he would have had no hours.

I, on the other hand, am hoping to get my transcript worked out on Monday because my professor will be back. Then I can apply for licensure, which'll take a couple weeks, and hopefully I can find a job. I keep promising people I"ll move by them if they can find me a job, and we'll make Sterling transfer. The offer is open to anyone! I REALLY am done cleaning toilets for 8.50 an hour when I have a Bachelors degree! Sigh.

In other news, our apartment doesn't really look like that last post anymore because in the process of Wyatt moving we acquired two small dressers and a futon. The futon doesn't really fit in our living room, but I've decided we'll just leave it pushed against a wall and when we need it closer to the other couch for parties and such we can move it. I like it though. Sterling put a red blanket across it, smart man.


1 comment:

Rockelle said...

IS Stirling in school? Are you stuck in Utah because I just mentioned to my Dentist that I had a cousin who just graduated...you and they asked if you would move to Oregon. It is KAiser Denta here and I guess they are hiring. Anyways....Hillsboro Oregon. If your interested...Probably would pay more then any job you could get in Utah. But then Utah has family.
Good luck whatever you do!