Thursday, August 5, 2010

Duck bill

Sterling is very particular about his hair. He's done it one way for a long time and thats the only way he likes it. I like his hair lying flat against his forehead, but he hates that. He spikes it up in front, and smooths it down behind. I always try to mess it up. I also like to make the gel less gel-like, and he doesn't like that either. He also doesn't like facial hair---but I've convinced him to grow a goatee until the end of August, because he loves me. Anyway, one day I told Sterling that his hair style looks like a duck bill, and it was all stuck up in one place, so he needed to muss it up a little. He told me no, and that was the end of the conversation. Today, days later, he was getting ready in the bathroom and I told him he should do his hair lying down, and he looks at me and goes "I really don't understand your phraseology. A duckbill???? How does my hair look like a duckbill?" Which was really hilarious, because we hadn't had that conversation for days. So I said "Well, it sticks straight up off your head!" "How is that in any way like a duckbill?" "Well....if a duck's head was laying flat, then their bill would be straight up." and then he said "I contend, that that is a ridiculous analogy. My hair, in no way, looks like a duck bill."

I laughed my head off, and told him I was just glad he didn't shave this morning.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

After almost 10 years, I still occasionally ask Brett if I can do his hair. He always says no. I think he needs to use just a tad more gel and rough it up a bit more. But he doesn't want to look too preppy. :) Just glad he listens to me when I tell him not to shave-- that's far more important at this juncture. (And he has nice hair--he's not receding like some guys his age.)