Thursday, August 12, 2010

I wish...


I read a post today of a friend that listed all these things she wished for (they were legit wishes too, like ending the recession, poptarts being healthy...haha!) and about FIFTY people left comments, and all of them also started with 'I wish'...

It made me start to think of all the things Sterling and I wish for, and the castles in the clouds we build when, ten years down the road and post-med school, we have money and a family.

But then I really started thinking, and in the last week...
* I have a landed a job after four months of cleaning toilets with a bachelors degree (and almost two more...we'll see what happens, they are both one-day-a-week hygiene jobs to go with the three day assisting/hygiene job I just took and all five days are the five separate days of the work week so I could work them all if it all worked out!) and was able to quit my dreaded hotel job
*I spent the entire week with my ENTIRE family (minus one sister who currently lives in Switzerland) and even though they mocked me like crazy, and came up with the new mandate that child number 8 cannot talk at will, it was enormously fun
* my husband has a job that he loves, was just able to train for a better position and got a pay raise
* my husband will be able to start school in a week and because we tuned up my old bike for $50 we can continue to make it on one vehicle
* we had our six month anniversary and my hubby took me out to sushi...to try and convince me that I liked it. It was pretty good after all
* my mother made a QUADRUPLE batch of fudge for all the family that was there!!!!!!
* on two separate nights we had the most delectably amazing corn on the cob, red potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, and green beans out of my parents garden and it was incredible
* I gave a talk in church on Sunday and feel like I was able to make a respectably decent first impression on our new ward, and that makes me feel more settled and happy
* we didn't move to AZ, so I now get to continue enjoying living in the best first-ever-for-our-family apartment that I love so very, very much
* I have a sister and a sister-in-law that are due ANY DAY now, and I am SO SO SO SO SO excited to have new babies around!!!

The point of my bulletations is that, I feel incredibly blessed right now. And even though I dream up castles on clouds with my husband for someday in our future, I am so happy and I am so blessed and grateful for SO MANY things, and so for now, I'll hold off on my wishes until I'm a lot more desperate, and send them on to the families who really need them right now.

4 comments:

Megan said...

Congrats!!!!! Being grateful is the best way to be happy anyway!!! I love number 8!

The Haws Family said...

I also forgot to say that I got my ring cleaned at Neeham's and it is so sparkly and beautiful it feels brand-new!!! I love that feeling!

Kami said...

Lindsay, that's great! And by the way, the growing up thing isn't all that bad. I have adorable children, an amazing husband, a nice house, and Leo's thinking of buying me a MAC. Sweet.

Kayli said...

Too bad I wasn't there with everyone!! I really would have liked to see that #8 child mandate in action. ;)
And I would have liked the corn on the cob and fudge. Sad.
However, I did go to Tessin and Italy and have gelato, so I suppose I won't complain TOO much.
How come you didn't text or call me to tell me you'd gotten a job?! Silly. Just because I live in Switzerland doesn't mean I like being out of the loop...
By the way, nice picture.