Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Blow dryers and Sterling's Birthday!

My blow dryer broke this morning. I had just started blow drying my hair and suddenly it was smoking and hissing and the coils inside were turning orange and red. Since, when left to dry on its own, my hair goes in ringlets, crazy waves, and other such things, I decided this morning was just as good as any to go buy a new one. The picture below has nothing to do with this story, but was taken because I was excited that my hair is starting to fit in a pony tail again. It seems to be growing out faster this time around. This is the planet that I painted. I gave Sterling a solar system mobile for his birthday. He LOVES it. He wants to hang it in the living room when we finish. I'm not so sure about that. But so far he's let me paint Uranus and Venus. Neither of mine are as amazing as the planets he has painted, but I love the purple color I got for Venus--I was mixing paints(it was my favorite part of painting).

This is Sterling holding up the birthday cake I made him, with his solar system mobile kit on the coffee table below. I also got him a really cute shirt from American Eagle, but he hasn't really worn it yet because its long-sleeved and the weather is still really warm.

Here he is picking into the cake. Or brownie. Or whatever it turned into. I don't really understand how I can make mom's rolls and breads without any problem...but my cakes??? Serious issues. I also tried to make fudge icing, but the lid got securely suctioned to the pan. Even when I tried heating the pan up again, it was still suctioned. Eventually, after picking Sterling up from the library, he got it off by heating it up again. So I don't really feel I am to be blamed about the fudge icing not turning out...definitely the pans fault.



This is just because I was going through pictures on my camera and putting some on our new (Kami's old) computer...and I saw this one from Yellowstone this summer. I like it.



Also, I saw this picture, while skimming through my camera. I like it, too.




And this, last but not least, picture is for Kayli. To show her a cute new shirt that I got. The only thing about this picture, is that you can't see the cute buttons that hold the sleeves up. But this is it.






1 comment:

Kayli said...

Cute shirt dude. Good pictures. Good post. Good day.