Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More Sad News

I really don't like job hunting the least littlest bit. The office that I work at (very seldomly, but I do work there) LOVES me, why can't the rest of the world join in? I had two working interviews and one plain interview in the last two weeks. I didn't get any of them. One, didn't even bother to tell me they have filled the position. I found out by calling them a few days after they had said they would call me. Another office, one I was really hopeful for because they knew my references and seemed really excited, said that they thought I was an "excellent candidate" he really enjoyed interviewing me, and they thought I was a "perfect fit for their office" but, unfortunately, they'd filled the position, but might have one opening in January, and would I still be interested? I said of course I would be, and to give me a call. But REALLY??!??!?!?! I mean, if you liked me all that much, why didn't you just give me the job now? Hmph. Dad said maybe another candidate was related or something. That makes me feel a little bit better. The third office, was one I really enjoyed. It was a very state-of-the-art office, and they had a luncheon while I was there so I got to eat pizza and socialize with everyone and had a really good time. The dentist called me and apologized for calling so late, but he said he had battled with the front desk lady about who would call me. He said he liked me so much he didn't want to call me with the bad news, but the front desk lady said she had wanted me to get the position, so she didn't want to call me, so the dentist himself called me and said they had felt better about giving the position to a girl who has subbed frequently throughout the last year in their office, so she kinda had a foot in the door. Double hmph. But he said he thought I was wonderful and could he please keep my number and call me to sub in the future? I told him that was a great idea, and tried to be as cheery as possible. Then I hung up and was very upset. Sigh. Later that night I got a random phone call from an office that I submitted a resume to via the weber state dental hygiene alumni facebook page. So I have a working interview on Friday. Only downside is the is a one-day a week job and its an hour commute. Through SLC. But I'd take it anyway. Definitely. Just a little saddening after all the jobs that I just didn't get were within twenty minutes of our home. Ya know, if I had a regular job we might actually be able to have medical insurance? And more than just liability insurance on our car? And what if our car breaks down, which it often threatens to do? We've never had a car bill, and pretty sure it wouldn't sit too well with our current finances. Its just sickening to me that life is so precarious when I should be making SIXTY THOUSAND A YEAR! Triple hmph. And that is all for today folks. And yes, it was a lot of whining. And yes, I feel entitled to whining. And no, I don't care if you think I am more whiney than the situation allows for. I'm going to go do the dishes now. At least the rolls I made yesterday for the first time all by myself turned out fantastic for Sterling's birthday dinner. And he loved his birthday present so much he was like a little 6 year old boy. Cindy said I knew him REALLY well to get him a solar system mobile that you can paint yourself. I was just really happy that he was that excited. So life is not all bad.

1 comment:

Heather and Jake said...

That is a total bummer! I will keep my eyes open for one...closer your way since I am in provo :) Miss you!