Monday, November 22, 2010

Like my...

Sterling told me the other day that I am always saying he is "like" someone in my family. Mostly Kami and Wyatt. He reminds me all the time of Wyatt because he does(or forgets) something and gives you this wide grin thinking that frees him from any responsibility. I have received MULTIPLE such grins from Wyatt in my lifetime. Or the fact that when the two of them get together they're like little boys all over again. Or that they both have this odd obsession with fish or other little animals. He reminds me of Kami all the time because he likes to create things, either artistically, or on the computer, or any sort of thing like that. And any time he wants to watch a Star Trek episode I think of Kami. Or the fact that he loves the National Geographic and tells me random facts all the time, and asks if we can get the magazine subscription sometime soon. Or that he comes home and tells me all the interesting things he learned in class, that I probably wouldn't have found too interesting. All in all though, I think I say he is "like" someone so often because I have so many family members, with such a wide array of interests, that practically everything reminds me of my family a little bit.

But yesterday, during a fireside, he reminded me a lot of my dad. He's done this before, often when he makes up random words to tunes in the car(off-key, just like my dad, even though he can really sing like an angel), or whistles aimlessly, or pulls funny pick-up lines(reminds me of the funny 'foxy chick' lines dad pulls on mom), or even how he calms me down sometimes by mocking me(my family is strange, I know).

So, back to the fireside. I don't even remember what he was doing, but I know he was making it hard to concentrate, and we were on the stand because I was playing the piano and he was leading, so I handed him the book I was taking notes in, so it would make him less disruptive(and less hilarious, because I was trying to not be a disruption). I had been writing notes in bulleted points, so these are the bullets he added:
  • Obey your husband!
  • Respect his authority!
  • Go to Disney Land.
  • Go to Hawaii.
When I pointed out that even though these topics were discussed, I didn't think that was quite the message the speaker intended, he protested "I was just being guided by the spirit."
I was laughing, probably much to hard for being on the stand. Sigh. I LOVE MY MAN!

No comments: