Wednesday, February 2, 2011

All the Time

Poor Sterling was SO SO SO excited that he finished all his homework by 8pm last night, because that meant we could actually do something together in the evening...only to find out that I'd been asleep on the couch since 7pm, he woke me up by calling to get a ride home from the library...and I wanted to go to bed for good as soon as we got home at 8:15pm. At least he was nice enough to cuddle with me while I fell asleep, and then drown his emotions in...more homework that he originally thought he'd leave to the next day.

My excuse??? Can't really think of one. It was a REALLY slow day at work, so I can't say I really did a whole lot. The day BEFORE though, I felt like I had a ton of energy, did lots of errands and running around, made bread and scones and did dishes and...etc, etc. So maybe it was jet lag from the day before? But I am tired ALL THE TIME!

When I was in college I had a whole two years that I was at the gym pretty regularly at 5:30am. Always. My last year of college I thought I'd be a little less crazy, but then I got called to institute council and they have 6:30 am meetings several times a week...and when they didn't, I had 7am class anyway. And unlike the gym, where I just showed up, I felt like I needed to look presentable at the meetings, so I got up in time to, ya know, put my hair in a messy bun (that makes me miss my long hair) and some mascara and sweat pants, right? Good thing I took that time...those early morning meetings are where I really got to know Sterling, after all!! Haahaa. Now, unfortunately, getting up in the morning is BRUTAL! My dad used to say when I was 12 and did a paper route with him, that I was hard to wake up, so he used to just stand me up and hold my elbows until I stopped swaying and then tell me it was time to get up. Luckily, my husband is incredibly sweet and tells me its time to get up, then rubs my back for a minute and snuggles up close for a while, and then tells me I really do need to get up. It's nice.

Really though, this whole pregnancy exhaustion thing has got to go. I feel like a bum. And working two days a week this week was definitely plenty. Who knew the girl who worked three jobs in one summer (twice, actually) would ever say that?

Also, as a side note, the other day I was at home getting a DELICIOUS home-cooked meal from my parents, with HEAVENLY angel food cake, whipped cream, and strawberries for dessert, and noticed my dad skimming through his daughters blogs. Including mine. I had no idea he even looked at them. I'm sure it's not a regular thing, but it made me want to write more important things on here...so, maybe next time.

Also, as another side note, it was my dad's birthday last week and my niece Olivia and I went and decorated his office. With a caution sign that had a red blinking light and stood on the ground (like a wet floor sign) and said something like "caution: slow old people crossing" and also came with caution tape that we put in a large 'x' on both doors into his office, we also put it across a fake horse we hung on his wall, and then added lots and lots of Happy Birthday balloons. Fun stuff.

An additional side note, when my niece came with me we walked through the institute building so I could get a credit card to buy cookies for the married's activity the next night. Bro. Barlowe ( my favorite institute man, who is now the director over the entire Ogden Institute) stopped us to say hello, and at first thought Olivia was older. When that was clarified, he asked if she had graduated, she said "no" so he thought she was already out of high school, then she said "no" so he asked what grade she was in "seventh." He was astounded. And proceeded to take her into his office and offer her a dollar to pick out one of his sons, from the pictures on his wall, to marry. I thought it was hilarious. Olivia said she was embarrassed. Haahaa.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

FYI--Dad reads our blogs pretty regularly. I wouldn't worry about it. He doesn't expect much. :)

Kayli said...

That's hilarious about Olivia.

The exhaustion never goes away. You just learn to man-through it.
j/k