Monday, October 3, 2011

Conference Weekend

I will post pictures sometime, especially the cutie-pie ones of Ruthie and her cousin Devaney in their matching outfits. But right now I haven't loaded any of the pictures. I just want to say that I LOVE Conference, and this time, like every other time, it seemed especially applicable to me. Like the fact that Elder Anderson said that motherhood is NOT a hobby, it is a CALLING, and it is a sacred responsibility to multiply and replenish the earth. Maybe that will help me form better responses to all the looks we get when we tell people we are still doing undergrad classes, and aren't in medical school. They tell us the divorce rate during medical school, and then they look at us like we're crazy. First of all, the apostle told us it's not anyone's business but our own to decide when we are having children, and second of all, there's not a SINGLE thing I could be doing with my life that is more important. Also loved Elder Carl B. Cook's talk, and my new motto for the next six months is that 'it is better to look UP!' And my new goal? From Elder Quentin L. Cook's talk: Look at the world through the wide lens of the gospel. (Note to readers: none of these are direct quotes, the print-ups are not available yet, so these are my own interpretations of what was said) And a more definitive goal? Definitely reading the Book of Mormon. It defines our church, and from all the words that were spoken about how it can help improve our lives in absolutely every aspect, I think reading from that sacred book is definitely something I can improve on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you take notes and wish I could condense my thoughts to be concise like that. I loved conference too. It was a great week-end and to be with all the family was wonderful. Love you.Mom