Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Fathers Day!

 I was going to bring the camera down and take one cute picture of the handsome hubby with the adorable baby girl to post for Fathers Day. Unfortunately, said handsome hubby was in the middle of a VERY serious baseball dart game. You should have HEARD the uproar at me(by the players, not by my husband) trying to get him to take a few photos. (he came out a bit after and let me take a couple more) SO...what WAS going to be a simple post about how much I love my husband on Father's Day, became a SERIOUS post of lots of pictures. Enjoy. (And they didn't load in the order I wanted, and I'm not taking the time, so sorry its a little confusing)
I love the way that sunshine was hitting.


This is my beautiful niece Hailey. She is awesome.

This is the kite that Cassidy was flying. It was AMAZINGLY high!!!!

Ruthie enjoying Grandpa's swings.

Cassidy flying the kite.

The bat that cousin Jack generously gave Ruthie so he could take her other toy.

Playing with Daddy.

I needed to take a picture of this. Those BIG trees all around? Yeah, I watered them EVERY. SINGLE.DAY. one summer when I lived at home and we had recently moved here. The same summer I was working full-time at a daycare. Now look at how PRETTY! And those swings? My dad put them in JUST for ME!! I told him if we had to move, then I wanted swings. He put them in the summer before I moved out. I still love them.


Hailey helping Jack through the fence, I think?

Bunny ears.

Look at Natalie's hair!!!!

Talking about the dart game scores. Serious business.

Jack-Jack being the CUTEST boy ever.

I was trying for a cute kissing picture. She wasn't too enthralled.

These are the pictures that should have been at the beginning. This is the one photo I snapped and then everyone told me that was great and I should leave so they could continue the dart game.

But then I took this one.

And this one. (Can you SEE why I wanted to take a couple more?!)

Cassidy wanted a picture with Natalie.

And a peace sign.
This is the baseball dart game. See the bases? I was not so great at it. Although I did get THREE HOME RUNS!!!! That was the best. Sterling and I were neck and neck with mom and Wyatt, at 4 to 5, until suddenly they got all crazy like and got 14 runs in one inning. Ouch.

If I had to pick only ONE picture, it would have been this one. Ruth is SO into clapping these days. Makes for blurry photos sometimes. I have the best family ever!
Or maybe this one.

 I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that man and that little baby. And I love what a wonderful father he is. I am very lucky and blessed to have such a wonderful husband and I am glad we get to celebrate! We had vanilla brownies for Sterling, and I made caramel popcorn for dad. He specifically asked me for it, and it turned out great! I love my dad! We also had ice cream, because no party is complete without some. Between that, the dart game, and some skyping with my brother Derek, it was a lovely afternoon.
PS He got Rangers Apprentice books 7-10 for Father's Day. He was SO excited. I love it when presents are perfect. Although now we have 4-6 and 7-10, which is kind of random. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics. Glad you posted and glad you took time to take some pics for memories. Also so glad you could come out and visit. It was a fun day. Love you. Mom R.

Kayli said...

Or rather, you have 4-10, which is obviously still not the complete set, but less random than splitting it randomly in the middle like 4-6 and 7-10. ;)

The Haws Family said...

Actually I got him 8-10. So we don't have 7. That was random. Sorry.I guess I was thinking I got him three books and 7+3=10. Math was never my best subject. HAHAHAAA!