Saturday, August 25, 2012

Chop-chop

 Yes, I realize that picture has already been posted. I had Sterling take pictures of my hair on Sunday so I would have before and after, but somehow they aren't on my camera anymore. So this was the best I could find---which just goes to show, really, how often my hair is up, because I couldn't find pictures with my hair down.
 I've had my hair longer before, but this was pretty long for me. Especially since I had a trim right before the trip to Canada (these pictures) and cut about an inch and a half off. (I just tried to find a picture of it longer, and I found it, but the online scrapbook I use won't let me steal it. Ruff.)
So ANYWAY, what I really really want to do, is a pixie cut. But Sterling wasn't having any of that. So I figured we'd work our way SLOWLY. So I showed my hairdresser a couple pictures, she chopped my ponytail off right at the beginning (why wash extra hair?) and went to town. Only, it wasn't quite short enough.  I told her to keep cutting. The length isn't too much shorter than I normally have, but I have much, much shorter layers. I wanted a shorter cut, but there's a fine line between 'head full of bangs' and short hair. Not a fan of bangs in my eyes. And I LOVE how the front looks, instead of my normal long pieces in the front. It's funny how THICK hair makes a difference, looking at the pictures I brought in, they all had thinner hair, so naturally its going to look a bit different. Next step, getting Sterling to agree to the pixie. Here's why my hair had to go:
-it gets caught in between my shoulder and diaper bag, so annoying
-it is EVERWHERE (the floor, the sink, the seats of the car, my shirt, etc.)
-Ruth still pulls on it, and with another one coming, I'm finished with that
-my hair is really heavy, and lately, being in a bun makes me have a headache, plus my scalp will still hurt from it 2 days later
-you can only do a pony tail at the nape of your neck (to avoid the headaches) so long before you are REALLY done with that hair style
-it takes 20 minutes to blow dry...I don't even allot that much time for hair in the morning, plus while being pregnant, it makes me lightheaded to get that much heat around my head, I have to stop and take breaks
-you have to DO it after all that time spent blow drying, 'nuff said
-I've pretty much been a short-haired girl my entire life, we're just trying to break Sterling into the news nice and slow
-the list is much longer than this, every five seconds yesterday I had a new reason, trust me

Sterling's reaction to the new do "You look EXACTLY like a younger version of your mom!" Why yes, dear, we knew I resembled her quite closely. Remember all the old people in Cardston while we were waiting in line for breakfast that looked at me and said "We'd heard Lorie's family was in town." Yeah, that was me. He did say he liked it. I think he looked a little relieved that I didn't break down and just do the pixie cut. Just you wait, Mr., it's coming. We'll let you get used to this one first. I, on the other hand, LOVE it and am wondering why I waited so long? (forgive the self-portraits, I am not talented like my sister Kayli)




7 comments:

Kayli said...

I. LOOOOOOOVE it!!!!! It looks fantastic! Are those pictures from the day your hairdresser did it, or did you do it? Anyway, it's fantastic. I told Brett to come look and now I want to cut my hair, and he said, "Aaaaargh! Destroy you, pictures!" So, that definitely means he's all for it! :)

Lynn said...

I am totally in agreeance with Kayli! Love the hair cut! In fact that is what I wore for a lot of years. So easy and so fun. Okay.....maybe not easy for me....I had to use a straightener iron every day due to my very tight natural curls.....I guess that's why I ended up growing it out. But it WAS my favorite hair style and now seeing these cute pics of yours makes me want to cut it again!

Really! I LOVE it! It totally suits you!

The Haws Family said...

Hairdresser did it. I know, sad. Hope it turns out as well when I do it myself.

Andrea said...

LOVE IT!!!!! Kind of what I envisioned for myself when I started growing, but looking at yours I realize that it is toooooo long for me. Perfect for you. Love.

Lindsey said...

Very cute! It's always fun to get a drastic haircut!

Alyse said...

Very cute Linds! Love it!

Brad and Jenn said...

Looks awesome!! Haha and I had to laugh and agree with all of your reasoning to get it cut, except for the one about Ruth pulling on it...but not for long! :) I should seriously consider chopping mine, being pregnant has all but sucked up any desire to do it.
And...So excited to find out what you're having!!