Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Today

This is Ruthie playing on the cold rocks at Waterton Lake in Canada. She was having a grand time, as long as we let her eat all the rocks she could manage to stick in her mouth! Its a size 6 mo. hoodie, but I was worried I wouldn't have enough warm clothes for her, so I brought it just in case, along with some other jackets, but I LOVE putting this one on her because really, shouldn't she just wear that color every day? And I can't wear it, it makes me look yellow and sickly, so I LOVE that she looks so good in it.
Mostly right now I am procrastinating doing anything. Sterling called to say that he wasn't coming home for dinner, he was going to study right through so he could come home earlier and get a decent nights sleep...which means my motivation for cooking dinner went pretty much away.

Ruthie is awake from her nap, but happily chatting 'hi' and playing in her crib, so I'm procrastinating getting her until she makes it a bigger priority.

Oh yeah, Ruth can say 'hi' and 'uh-oh' now, and so she does, all the time. At church on Sunday whenever anyone made the most minimal eye contact with her she'd go "HI?" it was hilarious. Pretty sure we were disrupting three benches in front and behind us, but really, you can't take a baby out just for saying hi. She says 'uh-oh' when you look at her when she has a toy, and she'll drop it, and look back at you and say 'uh-oh'!!! It is too funny. She also says it when anything drops, falls, or when she trips.

Ruth is getting too big. Today her hair was in pigtails, and she was walking around with these big-girl shoes on and I was SOOO sad. I want her to stay little forever.

I found this rocking chair on ksl that I want to get SO bad, but I was supposed to be looking for dryers and living room furniture and a desk for Sterling---since that is what we want for our new place. But the rocking chair is so BEAUTIFUL. Sigh.

Ya know that raise my boss gave me? He forgot to change it for this paycheck. Sad.

Countdown to finding out baby's gender: 2 days
Countdown to the mcat: 4 days
Countdown to moving: 6 days

I feel like life is just on hold until this weekend. That's my life.

No comments: