Monday, August 20, 2012

My Grandpa's Farm

Its Monday. I'm trying to wish away the next week of packing. I can pack in less time than that, but I've discovered doing a few boxes here and there is much easier than taking on a full day of monstrous-packing. So instead of packing right now, I'll post some more pictures of Canada.
The Lake

This is my grandparents house. The Walburgers. My mom was raised here. They had a wood-burning stove, and no inside toilets. And two bedrooms---with nine children(My mom slept in her parents room when she was little, and the boys slept in the living room). My mom is amazing.Also, the extra little addition, that has the stripey outside, was not built until after my mom moved out (or right before?? I can't quite remember).

Old Chief from the barn. Old Chief is that big square mountain. My mom loves it. It is strikingly beautiful.

This is the little island in the lake. My brothers Wyatt and Ethan and I canoed out there a couple different times when I was little. I remember it being COVERED in birds nests and eggs.






See the top to a trailer laying beside the house? My little brother Ethan and I used to crawl inside that through a window, clear out some of the grass, and play for hours inside of it. It was awesome.


I remember playing tag on top of all those hay bales. I also remember my brother catching a frog.







Beautiful, beautiful country. It was fun to be in Canada just to remember what the landscape looks like.

2 comments:

Kayli said...

YAYY! Good job for taking these pictures! And the added-on mudroom thing to the house wasn't added on until way after mom left the house because I remember when it was built I hated it because it changed how the house looked. I had to have been at least ten.
And I remember when the trailer top was actually a whole trailer.

Anonymous said...

Sleeping arrangements were: 3 girls in one double bed, 3 boys in one double bed.... in one room. Aunt Denise on a roll-away cot in the kitchen. Del and I in sorta(?) bunk-beds in Mom and Dad's room. also, Mom said that the boys slept in a tent in the summers most of the time.
Mom