Sunday, September 3, 2017

Stake Conference 2

I forgot to say that at the end of Sunday's stake conference Elder Holland invited the children to come up and shake his hand. Then he amended that to anyone, but he only had limited time. So we got in a line and shook his hand. Sterling didn't, but he convinced me to walk with the kids so I did. But I feel like I kind of got gypped because I was so busy trying to get Molly not to stand behind my leg and to get Will to pay attention that I barely even looked up at Elder Holland. But this is what Sterling saw:

Will, shook everyone's hands on the stand until the very end (Elder Holland and then the temple president) and then he lost interest and just walked on past, so Elder Holland swatted Will on the back of the head. Haahaa.

The other thing I remember telling my mom was that Elder Holland said he didn't think it would be very far in the future when the apostles and other members of the church would be called to give their life to defend their testimony. And he said he was ready. They could shoot him. It wouldn't stop the progress of the church and it wouldn't change the leadership. We still would continue marching forward, because this is God's church, not mans.

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Hilarious. And wow.