Sunday, September 3, 2017

Swimming+Russ



He likes swimming.
The other day Sterling texted me and he got off early! 2pm! YEAAAH! Only, it then took him two hours to drive home. Yikes. So we had headed to the pool, and he joined us for the last half hour. During which time Molly learned how to swim without her floatie, even though I didn't take a picture. I took video and it was AMAZING. She has no fear and it has been so much fun to watch her! 


 






Russ has started smiling pretty much every time you look at him and make any noise in his direction. It is the greatest thing in my entire life. I can't get enough of it. But as soon as you put your phone or camera in front of your face to take a picture, he immediately deadpans. Sooo...it is a race to see how fast I can whip it out to catch the smile on the photo! Unfortunately, that also means blurry photos.



That double chin!   
I love his saggy cheeks.



This is one of my favorite-ever pictures of him. Babies are really squishy and they sit weird when you lay them/place them for a photo. I feel like it's hard to get a picture of what they look like TO YOU when you are holding them and not taking a photo. This looks like Russ. He is sucking in his bottom lip, but it just looks like him to me. How he looks when I'm holding him and playing with him all day long. And he is the most adorable baby to look at ever!


Sneeze! And thigh rolls!


His eyebrows go like that whenever Molly touches him--haha (she's holding his hand here).

SOOOOOO handsome.


It's still 100 degrees outside here, but Ruth kept complaining that her classroom was freezing. She didn't own a jacket, or a long-sleeve shirt, so I got one for her and Will off thred-up (online thrift store). Will only loves Spiderman and the color blue. But this Puma jacket was his size and everything else didn't look that nice, so I spent a lot of time convincing him it would be awesome because it has a big Puma on the back!
Now he won't take it off. Wore it ALL DAY Friday at school (the teacher said she convinced him to take it off to go outside for recess) and all day today at church. Even when he's sweating. Oh man.


I'd dress her only in mini-Boden if I could. 
That's about all around these parts. Sterling and I made it to the temple yesterday, the first time since we've had the babe (and he's almost three months old---how did that happen?!?!). It was beautiful and wonderful as always, we also sneaked in breakfast before coming home, so that was great. Ruthie's bike tire popped (the entire tire, not just the inside, it was worn completely through) so we got her a new $20 bike off craigslist since it was a little cheaper than getting the inner tube+tire. It has a basket, she is enthralled. AND SOUND THE BELLS AND BLOW THE HORNS, Russ slept through the night last night! I have NEVER had a baby do that before they were weaned. We usually get down to two times a night (what he had been doing) and a few one time a night (what Russ has done the previous three days) but NEVER slept through the night. Which, I know, I know, is perfectly normal for breast-fed babies. Molly, of course, got up twice--which is currently her norm. But it was wonderful. I actually didn't sleep that well, I think I was ready to get up and my body was starting to get wakeful. Hahaha. But this little man could not be any more loved for his sleeping abilities! It probably won't last, but I had to document since it is a first time thing for a mom of four! 

2 comments:

Andrea said...

HE'S SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bridget said...

Oh my goodness he is precious