Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Pioneer Day and a Horse Ride with Dad (July 25)

Pioneer Day was amazing. I love that we have a day set aside to honor the pioneers ancestors that went through so much persecution and persevered to create such a grand legacy.






The theme of the parade was Beehive. So even though the pictures are terrible because the sun was behind them, it was really cool to see ALL the beehive floats.




Will's favorite part of the parade, haha.



After the parade we walked to a little museum right next to the Ogden Temple. They had cookies and lemonade and children's pioneer games set up. It was so cute!



Seeing Russ asleep with that sign reminds me of a story. Those little fans were in the back of our van forever after the parade. Ruthie asked about what a foundation was a couple days later. I said it was something strong you built on--so your house wouldn't wash away on sand like in the song. Or like building your testimony on Jesus--He would keep your house strong. After a LONG time when I had totally forgotten what we were talking about, Will pipes up from the back "Can Jesus fly?" I said that I didn't know but that He could probably be wherever He needed to be. Will said "Well, I was just wondering. How could He move from house to house and keep them ALL up at the SAME time?" HAAHAAHAAAHAAA





Megan treated us all to ice cream at the new expanded Farr's Ice Cream (it was awesome).

Isn't that just the stuff a child's dreams are made of?


Then Megan and I headed with our kids to this awesome adventure park on 17th street or something like that, right on the Weber River and the kids played and played.






Journey and Russell spent the whole summer learning to walk and crawling everywhere together. Until the very last couple of days when Russ started pulling her hair. Poor girl.


I got to go on a ride with dad! It was gorgeous and breath taking and thank you so much mom for watching my kids for me!!


He's crazy, but I love him. Haha.




Dad even asked me if I wanted a picture taken to post on my instagram. It was hilarious, and thoughtful. Because of course I did!

My kids seriously lived in the garden every single morning--here Molly hadn't even changed out of her nightgown.


No comments: