Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Rasmussen Reunion Part 1 (July 9-12)


This year I was in charge of our family reunion. 72 people. No one has been in charge of a reunion for our family when it was that large yet. So my main goal was to make sure we had activities for all ages--because we have way more teenagers now, but just as many tiny people. Easiest thing? Water. I picked our reunion center specifically because it had a pool, a hot tub, and a lake complete with kayaks and canoes and fishing available. As far as that goes--I think it was awesome! I think pretty much everyone in our family enjoys the water, and while it was super super hot down in Duchesne County area (we had scorpions and everything, it was desert) I still think it was a good choice for everyone in the family to have a good time. The kitchen and dining area was massive and fit everyone really nicely and made food prep easy. There were cabins for almost every single family that had showers, toilets, little kitchenettes, and air conditioning--which were fabulous. We had a couple events each day with EVERYONE, but even organizing those were insane--so I think it was nice that the rest of the time the cousins just got to enjoy hanging out and playing. Mostly, I'm just glad that it's 18 years before I have to do that again, haha! And in 18 years it will probably be a one day event--one can hope, right?!?!

So none of my pictures in these three reunion posts are in any type of order. But on the second day I had everyone wear their shirts so we could take a quick HUGE pic for my mom. Thanks to the random cleaning guy who grabbed our cameras and took 400 pictures for us, haha. Afterwards we had the little kids Superhero Training Championship--obstacle course. They all stood in line, the teenage boys and each family manned a station and the kids made it through to earn their cape and become a superhero. For future reference, lets see if I remember what all I put together. We had the Catch a Villain where they threw a hula hoop over a teenage boy. Thank you Jethro and Tyson. We had the Thor Throw, they had to toss a pool noodle over the volleyball net. Catwoman Walk--balanced on a beam. Spiderman Crawl--climb through string tied from the volleyball net. They also had to crawl through a tunnel, I can't remember what I called it. The Captain America run--run while jumping through the inflated tires. Hulk Smash--pop a green balloon. And then Superman Leap--had to jump from rock to rock over lava. It was hot, but I think the kids still had a good time!

Kami's family brought their own canoe to help with how many people we had there, and they definitely enjoyed the lake, I'm so glad!

Kayaking with a sleeping Russell. It was beautiful.





I love this picture so much.

Action shot of Katelyn! She's the greatest and I wish we lived closer!! So excited for her to get her mission call next week!

Another activity I had planned for groups that I thought would be really great for multiple age levels was laser tag. This one fell a little flat because it was so hot outside. But it was definitely utilized and I'm glad I had it there. We did one day where each age range (broken into three ranges) went out with each other and played. Kayli's boys played a ton, and the older teenage boys played a few more times too.
Cowen, Garrett, Megan, Ethan, Tyson, Olivia, Eric, Myles, Jethro

Elena, Brynne, Maloree, Anders, Cassidy, Hazel, Kiersten, Isaiah, (front row) Talmage, Anders, Eli, Ethne, Gideon



Some of the little kids playing laser tag.



Games!


No comments: