Sunday, March 10, 2019

Big Brother and Baby Grace

He really does love to hold her. He plops himself right down on the floor and holds out his arms with an "uhn!". He is such a great big brother. He holds her and strokes her hair and gets worried when she cries, and pats her back. I hope they are best friends!














This time with them is just magical lately. He's crazy and she wants to be held---but I would not change a single moment right now. I told Sterling my heart cannot handle life right now---every single moment I am thinking "How in the world is this going so fast? How are they so absolutely perfect? Why can't we freeze life right now?" I want them to grow up and be amazing, I do. But how do you get your heart to stop aching for the wanting to hold a baby forever when you only get a tiny window? Do you think we can have a baby in our arms forever in heaven? I feel like I am on the flip side of parenting. Instead of it feeling new and having worries and concerns, I feel relaxed and like I am thoroughly enjoying it. But even whilst enjoying, I feel an ache that it's just slipping by too fast and why can't I gather my kids up and just hold them forever?

No comments: