Sunday, March 10, 2019

End of Feb


Grace hit 2 months old and it was just ALL the smiles ALL the time. Goofy, adorable, wonderful smiles.


End of February, first of March was a wave of mono going through our entire family (except me and the babe, luckily). Ruth got it the worst. I finally took her in after four days of fever and laying on the couch doing nothing. No strep. No flu. But he said he was inclined to think it was mono. Which technically is not mono in kids, but same virus. Another mom said a girl in Ruth's class had the same thing--fever and exhausted for several days in a row. Sterling also got it, which was awful because he still had to stick it out at work, with a mask on. Molly and Will both had it for about two days. 

Thinking I wouldn't notice the book she hid as she traipsed up to bed.

New outfit. He's growing like a weed!





I take waaaay too many pictures. But she is just so so so perfect!

Why do I still wake up to this some mornings?? (she came in after Sterling had left for work, so it hadn't been tooooo long)

Field day at school. I reminded her that it was Field Day so not to wear a dress...and this is what she came down in. I love her so much. It was also "c" show and tell, hence the cat.


She moves around a ton when I remember to do tummy time. She never stays on the blanket.


Grace's first time in the pool! Her swimsuit was still dirty from the beach. 

The weather has been pretty beautiful. It hit 90 for a couple days, but then crept back down. I bet that was the last of 'cooler' weather that we'll see, so I was definitely enjoying it. But it was also nice to get the heat for some days to play in the water!


Ruthie got to go to the daddy daughter dance again this year! She loved it so, so much.




One Saturday when Sterling was working we went over to the Green Cay Nature Center and walked the 2 miles of boardwalk. It's literally 3 minutes from our house. Florida is super interesting in that you hit beach in just a couple of miles one direction, busy city, and then open spaces in the other direction. We definitely live in an area that is heavily populated RIGHT at the coast and then tapers off the more central you go. But we live in a small enough city that there are random things like this scattered throughout and they are my favorite. Minus the ladies who tried to scold me for letting my kids look over the fence. And seems appalled when I told them that if they did happen to fall over, I would crawl over the fence, stand in the ten inches of water, and haul them back to safety, and no, I wasn't too worried about the one alligator that may be lurking far, far away. HA!





Ruthie's finger that got slammed in a door TWICE. Getting close to falling off I think.

We may have stolen one of daddy's shirts to make a get-along shirt. Worked like a charm. They were giggling so hard they'd completely forgotten about fighting at all.






Molly, we love you. Exactly like this!





Sunday dishes crew.


This is Russ's favorite spot. He usually is lugging around actual pots and pans and bowls from the kitchen, but if I get after him for that, he goes straight to his own kitchen. He LOVES playing there.



No comments: