Wednesday, February 5, 2020

First Day of School-Utah! August 21, 2019

We started school in Utah for the 2019-2020 school year. Sterling planned on taking his test in the middle of September and the dental hygiene jobs I was working in the summer said I could keep working until then, so it meant I had the support of my family when Sterling was studying all day everyday, as well as a job to work. The only downside was we knew we'd be pulling the kids out of school after only a month, but we thought that was better than no school at all. As it turns out--it worked really well, they transitioned no problem back to Florida when we came back, and they made some really incredible friends in Utah. They also had SUCH a great time riding the bus every morning and they found it so fascinating and wonderful that their church friends were also in their school classes-even some of their school TEACHERS were their CHURCH teachers. It kind of blew their mind. I'm so glad they got even a small taste of that experience, just as a broadening experience from what they know in Florida. The kids adored Utah school and I'm glad they loved it so much!

Sterling gave everyone blessings before school started and the kids felt pretty happy and excited. They liked having the morning to play, but didn't love getting out late (our school in Florida is 8am-2pm, Utah was 915am-330pm) but they LOVED LOVED LOVED that they got THREE recesses and played outside all the time! When we went to the back to school night I literally saw my entire ward from when I lived here in 11th grade. It was wild. I kept thinking "This is what it would be like to live somewhere your entire life." I loved it. 

Will. Six years old. First grade. 


Ruthie. Grade 2. Mrs. Backus.





Oh gosh I love those two. And the excitement level for that How To Train Your Dragon Shirt was very high. 

No comments: