Friday, May 29, 2020

Beginning of February 2020

Oh my heart. February in South Florida is glorious. I've made Sterling promise me over and over again that after we've moved away, he'll bring me back every February. It's magical and heavenly and the temperature and the sun just breathes life. 
One of my favorite things about this girl is that when you go to get her when she wakes up from a nap, is how she rolls over, reaches for you, and then when you start to pick her up she immediately reaches down and pulls her blanket along. Then she snuggles right into it and you and it's the best.






 In the beginning of February we got a loooooong round of sick. Kids would puke...be fine for a couple days...puke a few more times. I felt like I was cleaning up SO MUCH PUKE for SO LONG. And this poor girl was the saddest. She puked right onto her tray quite a few times when I was trying to get her to keep things down. We headed to the library when she was finally perking up a bit!

THIS! They did it all on their own (because I'm a mean mom and am sort of disinclined to thinking lemonade stands are worth the effort). But I stand corrected! They sold almost the entire gallon (they also drank a lot on their own) and made thirty something dollars. Once divided, Ruthie had enough to buy a book from a book order that she'd been eyeing, Molly paid $9 towards the cost of a bigger scooter, and Will had grand plans and I don't remember what happened, haha. 
One Sunday there had been puking but I really needed to get out of the house--so we took to the trails. A nice little walking/scooter trail that was just perfect. Did I mention February in South Florida is AMAZING?










No comments: