Friday, May 1, 2020

November 2019 Part 3 Ft. Lauderdale Temple and the ocean

I took a 6 week self defense class that ended in November, my friend Lindsey Harper did it with me (we actually did not know each other very well at the beginning, I had only seen her once or twice at playgroup over the course of a year) and we just clicked right away and had a fabulous time every single class. Shout out to our husbands for making it home in time for us to go (not always my husband, but he supported me in getting a babysitter so I could go). It was just such a fun thing to do! And I learned so, so much. This is me all suited up to fight three policemen who pretended to legit attack me. I pulled all of the moves I'd learned, got out of the room with me socks (one part of the test), got a huge policeman out of the way with a head butt (I was right under his chin because I'm short) that caused me pain for the next several weeks...oops. Getting old. They recorded our final assessments and we got to re-watch them and that was pretty neat. I was scrappier on tv than I felt!
We made it to a few temples in Utah and Cardston this past summer, but we have never taken pictures of my kids by the Ft Lauderdale temple, so we had to make it happen! It has a fountain right in front out of commission, but it's still so beautiful!



touching the temple






My best helper at home. I'm so glad she has this year to be with me.

It was windy and blustery but we needed a beach day, and I remember feeling SOOOOO fulfilled after this one. 








Will my man carrying out what he wanted to carry in-that's our rule! He's so cute.

No comments: