Thursday, February 25, 2010

Honestly

So...because I am so behind in Class III requirements (I still need 16 quads) everyone at the VA felt wonderfully sympathetic and promised to give me the worst patient. I get two quads of a class IV in my chair, and I am very content with life. Until we are watching his blood pressure skyrocket!!!! So we took a ten minute break after administering carbocaine, his blood pressure came down, and I started filing furcations.....and his blood pressure skyrockets again! So, we send him to the emergency room. I got credit for one quad. Sigh.

So everyone is very willing to give me all the patients in the afternoon. Three cancel. The two that show up are 1b's, and people needed 1b's to fill their requirements. I don't need them, so I wanted the people who needed them to have them. I saw no patients.

I DROVE ALL THE WAY TO THE VA HOSPITAL IN SLC FOR CLINICALS AND CLEANED ONE STINKIN' QUAD!!! ARRRRRRHGHHHGHGHH!!!!!

One a much much happier note, the resident dentist let me do the local anesthesia for about seven implants and a sinus lift. So I got to do SEVENTEEN injections, and then watched as the flapped the gingiva, drilled a hole into the bone, put in a synthetic membrane(three actually) packed a huge load of bone into the space, and then went underneath and drilled three implant holes, and then put a membrane around the whole bone and unflapped the gingiva. It was INTENSE. Good thing I job shadowed with Megan, and fainted then, because I might've been near it today. It was so much fun to watch though. And cause the patient was completely under, the residents were just having a good ol' time, people would walk in and out and watch and chat. I asked all these questions, and they were always willing to answer me cause they all thought they were cool for knowing. good times.

I did get a lot of PE's done, so at least that was something!

And....pretty much I feel like I can take on the world cause I did 19 injections today. I am bomb. And humble. HAHAHAHA

No comments: