Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oh Hannah

All right everyone hold on to your seats....its another blog about teeth. But can I just say that it is also about LINDSAY'S GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENTS????? So don't be too annoyed at me.

Problem one: Lindsay was too nervous to eat, but she did drink about 1/2 a mc D's smoothie that Sterling so thoughtfully brought by.
Problem two: Lindsay has never worked on her patient, she was just grateful to have someone willing to be here for an exam.
Explanation: Today was mockboards...we have two this semester, and it is in preparation for the real board exams which qualify us to have a license....and its pretty intense. Everything is set up just exactly like the real thing.
Problem three: Lindsay's patient, which should have been a class II to qualify, was a class IV. You may not know what that means---I'm just asking for sympathy.
Problem four: Boards have a time limit you have to have the teeth cleaned in. No matter what classification.
Problem five: My patient wanted his entire mouth cleaned, not just the 1/4 that is required in that time-frame for the test.

So, I cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned, and worked as hard as I could, and I honestly have never worked that hard in my life, and Prof. H told me it was okay if I missed a lot of spots, and failed the mockboard, because it was such a hard patient, that that would be very understandable. I waited and waited and waited for them to finish examining my patient(across the room) and I was shaking--partially probably from lack of food, but mostly nervousness----and I missed ONE SPOT!!! My professor just looked at me and said "I can't believe you did that good!" HAAHAAHAAA

I did have tissue trauma, which is a 6 point reduction, but Dr. Naylor told me that you can't have that hard of a patient and get them clean without having tissue trauma, its just impossible. So I feel fine about that. Then I had a sheepish moment where I forgot to fill in my recession boxes with a zero, because nothing can be left blank, which is funny cause I reminded everyone else about that over lunch---and thats a 2.5 point reduction. But.....I PASSED!!!!!! And I'm thinkin', if I can pass with that much going wrong....I'm going to breeze through boards!!!! Now...if only I could focus on studying for the written exams.....Sigh.

No comments: