Thursday, July 28, 2011

Maximum Cuteness Guaranteed

My sister Amy is amazing, so yesterday after I cleaned her teeth, she came to our apartment and set up this matching crib set! She picked it specifically to go with the pictures I picked out (was forced to pick out) to go on the wall. I LOVE it! I also love that the crib skirt hides our food storage underneath. And I love the window curtain, it makes the whole room a lot more little-girlish! Now, Sterling says she had just better be a girl! Haahaa



And now, for an update on how baby Ruthie is doing. She is stubbornly staying breech, and the version that they tried last week did not work. My family and Sterling's family fasted this weekend and then Sterling and my dad and all my brothers and in-laws gave me a blessing on Monday. Sterling said some really special things about our family, our future family, the baby's health, and my own health, but he did not say the baby would turn. That's okay--we'll take healthy! Dr. H said this morning that he doesn't see her moving at all...she's too big, and I'm too far along. I did ask him lots of questions about all of our options and unless I want to put myself and my baby in a high-risk situation that probably will end up in an emergency c-section anyway, I should just go with a scheduled c-section. The doctor wouldn't suggest trying anything different, so unless I wanted to go try a midwife or someone who would be willing to go through a lot of risks---and I'm not. The good news is, I will be able to try for a VBAC really easily, because nothing is wrong with my body or the baby's body--it's just the position, so hopefully this is a one-time deal and I can have my baby's normally for the rest of my family! Sterling and I feel like we've kinda had a trial-run at the hospital, because of the version---he's seen me hooked up to all the iv's and tubes, and in the hospital gown, so hopefully all goes well this time around. C-section is scheduled for Monday morning, and my sister Megan is working that day and will be my anesthetist! YAY!

No comments: