Monday, April 15, 2013

Easter Dress and Smiles

 I bought this dress for Ruth a LONG LONG time ago, and I have been so excited for her to wear it! We kept her and Will away from church until now because of our quarantine(basically) so this was the first week she got to wear it! I know the lighting is terrible, but I was just snapping them as we walked out the door. I thought about taking more later, but we went to six hours of church, had an hour meeting, and afterwards had dinner with extended family for my nephew's blessing. Ruth was more than a little bit tuckered out. Also, I felt like a single mom all weekend, especially since the day before I did a baptism and an extended family meal on my own too. Its not that my family isn't helpful, they are very helpful, but when it comes time for dinner they all have their OWN babies and toddlers to attend to. And grandma and grandpa were bombarded with four-five little babies needing to be held at every meal. Luckily, I snagged mom for the Sunday meal, and she was wonderful and held Will while I tried to feed a very tired, no-nap, done-for-the-day toddler. Sterling works every other weekend. So while we had a blissful weekend of General Conference last week, I had a very hectic, very exhausting, very alone weekend this week. I feel like two kids is relatively easy, but for some reason I was SO tired last night. But, I must say, the play dough I made for my 12-13 year old Sunday School class was a wonderful hit and my lesson went beautifully. And back to the matter at hand: Ruth was stunning. The nursery teachers in both wards just gushed over how wonderful she looked in that blue and how much it made her hair pop. She is beautiful. I'm so glad I get to be her mama!



 Will was SO happy and smiley this morning! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that boy!












And on that happy note, I'm going to go back to my Monday, where I've been enjoying my kids, lazing about in sweats, and slowly cleaning up the house. I love being home.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

That dress is adorable! And I am so jealous that Ruth lets you do her hair!