Saturday, August 17, 2013

Cabin Fun

We made a second run up to the cabin this year with Sterling's family. It was great to just kick back and relax and play a lot of board games...plus they introduced me to glow stick dancing which has got to be the coolest thing ever.

Our kids were up before anyone else, of course, and one of the loveliest things was the sun streaming in on them while they played. Of course my camera didn't like the beautiful sun-streams, so it either went blurry or flashed. Oh well.


 We went on a hike to Nowhere, haha, because three wrongs turns do NOT make a right. 
All the boys. Marlowe, Brandon, Ethan, Sterling with Will and Jaxen and Kaleb in front.


 It took me a little while to get into the excitement of glow stick dancing, due to a book my sister had told me to read. The Only Alien on the Planet. Kind of reminded me of A Separate Peace. But faster-paced, a girl main character, and a much quicker read. I loved it. In fact, I stayed up in bed with a flashlight and finished it that night. It's been a LONG time since I've done that. But oh, the memories of my parents taking away flashlights and books and coming in again and again. And the memories of how much that killed some of my college tests. Sigh. 

Point of this story, besides how ridiculously good that book was, is that glow stick dancing was AMAZING. Their moves. It was so hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. I tried to video it, but my camera was not good enough to change the lighting and catch the movement. Oh well.
Marlowe
Ethan, Marlowe
Kaleb and Jaxen
Jenny also participated but somehow none of those pictures look even halfway decent. Oh well. Party with glow sticks is a must for everyone to try! It was a great end to a really great weekend, thanks everyone!

1 comment:

Kayli said...

Sooo happy that you liked that book!!

And you have my pictures on your header!!!!! That makes me happy too!

Also, mom saw that family picture of you and said, "Is that Sterling?" and because I'm obnoxious I said, "No, it's some other guy holding her baby and putting his arm around her."