Saturday, October 28, 2017

Beach Day with the Fam!

My pictures are loading weird and only half of them load when I pick all of them and so I'm having to do all sorts of strange things with my posts. This week has also been incredibly busy--so it's taking me too too long to get these awesome posts up!

Sterling's mom Cindy, his sisters Bridget and Jenny, Bridget's hubby Cade and their twins Kai and Philip ALL came to Florida to visit us!

It was such an amazing trip. Of course, real life-traveling with kids is hard and especially with a time change, so the twins had some crazy nap times in there and my kids were up and about when everyone else felt like it was only 4 am (poor things!) so...kids make things exciting, right?!?!

In spite of that--we had such a great time! We hit up the beach, the pool, the park, the splash pad, and just generally had such fun. Oh, and they even got to be at our ward Primary Program! This was especially hilarious since Ruth and Will decided to do a duet at the mic and it was pretty epic. Haha. They did do their parts almost completely memorized and by themselves though, so way to go at not being scared or nervous!!

The day they got here was CRAAA-ZY! I had been running around for doctor appointments, speech appointments, and eye appointments the day before and morning of. Then I was trying to make a couple of meals in advance so we could enjoy time together and not have to worry about food ahead of time (thank you again, Kayli, for your taquito recipe, it is pretty much my favorite thing to eat ever. I mean, cream cheese and cilantro and avocadoes...). Will still had school so I had pick-up and drop-offs, but it worked out!

Of course, we headed STRAIGHT to the beach. And it was beautiful. I love the ocean. It was getting dark, so we headed back after not too long. Unfortunately, the wind was the crazy the entire weekend and the waves never did calm down. I guess they still got a taste of the warm water and clear water and sunshine. You all will just have to come back and try again!!!!!!

The next morning was supposed to be our clearest, warmest day--so we headed to the beach again. This day was a gorgeous beach day, it was quite wavy, but the water was still clear and pretty and the sun was shining and after Bridget and Cade left to take the boys for a nap, the rest of us just stayed and soaked in that eternal, delicious Florida sunshine.


Russ definitely got some lovin' in! Being around family is so great!













Love this daddy and boys pic!

Sisters! We wore poor Jenn right out. She joined in on the napping on several days--cute little 16 week preggo belly! So excited for Russ to have a cousin so close in age!






I LOOOOOOVE this picture. I want to blow it up big and put it on a wall.



No comments: