Thursday, October 12, 2017

Russ 4 months

Four months. How has it already been four months? 
Russ is adorable. 26 inches long, 14 pounds (I swear he was heavier, slimmed down, and got skinnier again...haha), and perfect. He's losing his hair a bit in front, but a new patch of hair is growing in, so it still looks dark all over. He likes to gnaw on his thumb and fists and I'm pretty positive he is teething. He is an angel except for between the hours of 4-6pm when I am trying to make dinner and feed the family. Then he wants to be held and fed. He falls asleep at 630pm usually, so I know he's just getting tired and cranky before that, it's just bad timing. He sleep from 7-7 and gets up once usually around 2am. He is the best sleeper I have ever had and the best at going to sleep. I usually just set him down somewhere (not upstairs because Ruth usually sings to herself for awhile before falling asleep and so I don't put him in her room yet) and he just falls asleep on his own. On the rug beside me while I do a workout, or on the couch while I do dishes. Then I just carry him up to his crib and lay him down once Ruth has fallen asleep. He will fall asleep for naps even if I put him down in his crib when he is wide awake. However, this RARELY happens because the poor kid is usually dragged around all morning and afternoon dropping off and picking up kids and running errands without the dropped off kids. I do notice that he is happier in the evenings when we have had a slower day and he has fit in more successive sleep, so I've been trying to be better about that. He still smiles at me all day long and he's getting to be a champ at tummy time (which means he only cries after 6 minutes, instead of 2 minutes). He is starting to coo a lot more and I LOVE that. He also is starting to grab everything-my necklace, my shirt, Ruth's hair, and he pulled out a huge chunk of Molly's hair today. He will take a soother, kind of. He will take it at church when I sit there and pop it back into his mouth every minute or so, but that's not too helpful in the car. He is the perfect weight and baby softness to hold and snuggle and burrow your face into. He is starting to laugh when I tickle him under his chin. We have gotten a few very short out loud laughs, and I can't wait for there to be more!
We love you Russ.

How he gnaws on his thumb. I love it. None of my kids have found their fingers/fists/soothers to self-soothe and I will take it. I've even seen him doing this in his sleep in the middle of the night--maybe that's why he sleeps!

That or he stuff both fists in his mouth. Cutie pie.

Getting better at tummy time.
















Those eyes and lips, haha!









1 comment:

Kyra Moon said...

He is so cute! And how does he look like a little boy already in some of those pictures?! Slow down, time!