Saturday, October 28, 2017

The park with fam!

We went on Friday to Delray Beach--the one we live 10 minutes from and go to every time. It was crazy. If we didn't have six little ones with us, it would have been awesome. As it was, when the rain started pelting down, Sterling shielded our baby with a boogie board and I swam in the wildness of the ocean waves with Jenny. I have never swam in the ocean while it was raining. It reminded me of a couple years ago when my family was boating at Pineview and it started to rain and we were madly trying to get the boat in because there was crazy lightning and I got all my kids strapped into the van and then convinced my niece Olivia to go sprinting back into the water and swim around for awhile. It's rejuvenating in such a wonderful way. 
I felt the exact same way with Jenny. It was fun to be in the big waves because we were SO close to shore it wasn't scary, but when they went by you couldn't really see the shore so you were just surrounded by this tall water and it was incredible. So incredible.
We tried to salvage the day by going to the pool and I think this was the one error of the trip. We should have bagged being outside and gone to a museum (I had picked out a couple in case of rain). But actually--it was probably just me that felt that way, I am a complete Florida wimp now, and the kids had SUCH a blast swimming around. Plus, Sterling got to swim with the kids because he was around that day and I know he really enjoyed it. So it definitely wasn't a bust--just chilly. 

The next day, Saturday, we headed to Sugar Sand Park. It was supposed to rain again, but ended up being beautiful and sunny (although the beach conditions were still really windy, so it's good we were at the park) and the kids played and played. That park is really so huge and insane it's like taking our kids to a free amusement park.

My kids ran straight for the splash pad and then straight for the slide so their 'bums could go fast.' haha

Love that girl!







Here's Philip! I was laughing afterwards because I have hardly any pictures of the twins here, they were just running all over!






We promised the kids several months ago that when Grandma came, we could ride the carousel. It did not disappoint--they loved it!!!



This randomly inserted photo is from the airbnb where we all stayed. It was so awesome to be all together--thanks Bridge and Cade!!!










That night we walked up and down Atlantic Ave in Delray, where we live. It is touristy and has pretty twinkle lights all along it and we ate at Doc's which has the best hamburgers. I love it. 
Those boys melt my heart!




I also think this was the night Bridge and Jenn and I stayed up til 2am chatting. It was soooo much fun for me to have some girl time! We played games every night and then chatted and that pretty much made it the best vacation ever! I also introduced them to Rook (but had to call my mom to figure out how to score it? Yeah...we've been playing Rook in my family at pretty much competition levels since before I was born...but oddly enough I've never kept score ever in my life...) and they LOVED it and that made me so happy! With Sterling in rotations and Cade going down with the boys it was just us four girls playing games a lot and Rook was perfect! AHHH, this makes me want it to happen all again! Come back!!!


No comments: